Any input will be helpful​.

Bootylover

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys I have been hit with the bug of md... Been looking at reviews of md to get for a newbie. When today at my father in-laws house I brought up what my new hobby was going to be and told him I have been pricing some md lately. So he leaves the table and comes back with 2 whites beach Hunter 300's and gives me one.. my question is I live next to the Delaware River.. nearest beach is 1.5 hours away. Can I use this in woods, parks, ect...

Sent from my Z833 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this review. I would be tickled pink to get a free detector like this. Make sure the batteries are good according to the review and read the instruction manual carefully. Nice gift!

Whites Beach Hunter 300 Metal Detector Reviews

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let the name fool you. Detectors can be used any where. It's just some can handle areas better than others.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Don't let the name fool you. Detectors can be used any where. ...

Bootylover, What enamel7 says is true. (of course with drawbacks and bonuses depending on their strengths and weaknesses). But what enamel7 fails to tell you, is the rule for the Whites Beach hunter 300: It clearly states that 30% of your finds must be sent to Tom_in_CA (I accept paypal).

Now go find some good stuff !

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
I live near the ocean so the 300 was the first machine I bought. I soon began using it everywhere including parks, fields, the woods. It is a fantastic machine and will work anywhere. Having said that I would add that it has its limitations on dry land due to its weight, coil size, and discrimination mode. If you really get into detecting you will soon realize this and may want to broaden your equipment choices.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did all of my hunting for years with the Fisher CZ-20, both land and water and I did quite well with it. It's still the deepest machine on silver that I've ever used. Wish I still had it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread