Bent my Lesche Sampson pretty bad, will the warranty cover that?

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was digging a hole in some pretty tough semi-hard clay yesterday with my long handle Sampson and It bent. It bent a lot. The 1/2" solid steel elbow that connects the spade head to the handle just gave out under the weight.

I was cranking on her pretty good but not as hard as I have at other times. I never would have expected this to happen since this thing has been basically bomb proof up until now.

I know they have a 5 year warranty against breaking, anyone ever tried to get warranty service for the tool bending?

Should I contact the vendor I purchased from or W&W Mfg? It's only about 6 months old.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found that you aren't alone - here are just a few hits...

OP
OP
Rothman

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the fast reply. Very good info in those threads. Sorry, I shoulda used the search....

gearjammer

Mar 14, 2015
northern Caifornia
Detector(s) used
Etrac and Ace 350 and a Gold Bug now.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bent mine buddy straitened welded a gusset on back, it will never do that again.

Bayard

Oct 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 probe, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cracked a Lesche hand digger a couple years ago and received a free replacement. After nine months, I managed to crack the free replacement. The factory then sent me a second free replacement.

OP
OP
Rothman

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bent mine buddy straitened welded a gusset on back, it will never do that again.

I'm a welder and machinist by trade, I'm going to do exactly this. My only concern was losing stomping surface on the heel of the shovel. I have an idea for that though... I bent it back straight already.

W&W did offer to send me a replacement and they were very fast and courteous with their response.

Hotled

May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please post pics of your mods , I just bought one of these and will bend it eventually lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread