XP Deus new owner advice

Mar 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found thousands of gold nuggets over the years but have never even held a coin/relic machine. In those years of gold hunting I've come across dozens of miners homes and camps dating to the California gold rush. Some of them in pristine condition with valuable relics right on the surface. Even one where I picked up an 1872 dime shining up looking at me. After years of meaning to pick up a detector for these sites I have finally bought an XP DEUS with 9" coil.

As an extremely experienced gold detectorist who has zero clue about this type of machine I am hoping to pick up some beginner tips from the generous knowledge of you forum members. I will primarily be using this in iron infested sites. Some will have very hot gold patch like ground, other sites are still iron infested but very mild. I don't mind digging all non ferrous targets as I love relics and most of my sites are 100 plus years old.

My main question is what settings on the machine are the basics that I should learn above all others and be familiar with?

My gold machines I focus on ground balance, sensitivity and EMI (if using a PI) in that order. Above that I rarely play with them much.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Mike! I'm new to the Deus as well and have many questions but I'd start off with the basic program to familiarize yourself with its ops. GB, Sensitivity, EMI all come into play as it does with most detectors.
Ask this question in the Deus forum and the very knowledgeable folks there will help you out. VFerrari comes to mind. He seems kind and very willing to help folks out with their questions on the Deus.
Best of luck!

OP
OP
M
Mar 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Rusty. Didn't know there was a Deus forum lol

Good luck out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread