verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am pretty sure that ground balancing should be done often. I have areas in my yard that require ground balancing and they are only 10' apart. So yes, you should ground balance with the larger coil.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am pretty sure that ground balancing should be done often. I have areas in my yard that require ground balancing and they are only 10' apart. So yes, you should ground balance with the larger coil.

Yeah I'm in a public park and for some reason I don't trust the ground balance of my large coil. I appreciate the feedback buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Does this apply if your machine also has auto track?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tricky question and answer, the answer being largely dependent on the machine being used and where you're hunting? Take my Excal, for example, it has auto ground balance but even so threshold stability can still play a big part in all of this, as can machine sensitivity, etc. Per example, in some areas I hunt I have to sacrifice sensitivity in order to maintain stable threshold because if this threshold is unstable then so is everything else. Even when hunting in silent mode I'm still conscious of this, frequently turning up my threshold volume and checking the stability of my threshold whenever I feel the machine isn't performing as well I'd like it to. So regardless if using manual or auto ground balance there are still other factors that can effect things.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tricky question and answer, the answer being largely dependent on the machine being used and where you're hunting? Take my Excal, for example, it has auto ground balance but even so threshold stability can still play a big part in all of this, as can machine sensitivity, etc. Per example, in some areas I hunt I have to sacrifice sensitivity in order to maintain stable threshold because if this threshold is unstable then so is everything else. Even when hunting in silent mode I'm still conscious of this, frequently turning up my threshold volume and checking the stability of my threshold whenever I feel the machine isn't performing as well I'd like it to. So regardless if using manual or auto ground balance there are still other factors that can effect things.

Yeah my F75 is sensitive. I just don't think I get a perfect ground balance with the big coil I get a better gb with the stock. Or it may just be all in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does this apply if your machine also has auto track?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I use the X TERRA 705 which has ground balance tracking and auto ground balance I usually do aa auto ground balance with the tracing turned off once I ground balance I then turn the auto tracing on but because of the area which I detect which is 40 acres of my own property I have seen the ground balance numbers change drastically I have seen GB numbers in single digits and as high as the high 40s with the X TERRA 705 the lower the ground balance number the hotter the ground so even though I am running with the auto GB tracking on I still periodically check my ground balance and every time I change to a different coil I re ground balance me personally if you change coils you re ground balance because going from a small coil to a larger coil or visa versa the numbers can change as far as ground balance.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ground balance a lot. Only takes a few seconds and will buy you some depth and a lot less chatter if your running hot.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottom line? YES! Heck, sometimes you need to re-ground every 20-feet. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread