Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By verbious
  • 1 Post By Truth1253
  • 1 Post By Tony (Michigan)
  • 1 Post By ecmo
  • 1 Post By verbious
  • 1 Post By bigscoop
  • 2 Post By oldkoot
  • 1 Post By RobRieman
  • 1 Post By Terry Soloman

Thread: Quick question about ground balancing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    AT PRO Fisher F75 LTD AT MAX
    5021 times
    Metal Detecting

Quick question about ground balancing

If your machine is already ground balanced with the stock coil if you put on the larger coil do you have to re-ground balance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us
    Jun 2012
    Elizabeth, PA
    Fisher F75 SE Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
    545 times
    Metal Detecting
    I am pretty sure that ground balancing should be done often. I have areas in my yard that require ground balancing and they are only 10' apart. So yes, you should ground balance with the larger coil.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    5021 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by verbious View Post
    I am pretty sure that ground balancing should be done often. I have areas in my yard that require ground balancing and they are only 10' apart. So yes, you should ground balance with the larger coil.

Yeah I'm in a public park and for some reason I don't trust the ground balance of my large coil. I appreciate the feedback buddy

verbious likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Lapeer County, Michigan
    Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
    87 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    If your machine is already ground balanced with the stock coil if you put on the larger coil do you have to re-ground balance?

Absolutely ground balance.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Feb 2016
    324 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by verbious View Post

Does this apply if your machine also has auto track?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
    Truth1253 likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Elizabeth, PA
    Fisher F75 SE Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
    545 times
    Metal Detecting
    http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=216370

Truth1253 likes this.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    7851 times
    Tricky question and answer, the answer being largely dependent on the machine being used and where you're hunting? Take my Excal, for example, it has auto ground balance but even so threshold stability can still play a big part in all of this, as can machine sensitivity, etc. Per example, in some areas I hunt I have to sacrifice sensitivity in order to maintain stable threshold because if this threshold is unstable then so is everything else. Even when hunting in silent mode I'm still conscious of this, frequently turning up my threshold volume and checking the stability of my threshold whenever I feel the machine isn't performing as well I'd like it to. So regardless if using manual or auto ground balance there are still other factors that can effect things.
    Truth1253 likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us

Apr 2016
    5021 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Tricky question and answer, the answer being largely dependent on the machine being used and where you're hunting? Take my Excal, for example, it has auto ground balance but even so threshold stability can still play a big part in all of this, as can machine sensitivity, etc. Per example, in some areas I hunt I have to sacrifice sensitivity in order to maintain stable threshold because if this threshold is unstable then so is everything else. Even when hunting in silent mode I'm still conscious of this, frequently turning up my threshold volume and checking the stability of my threshold whenever I feel the machine isn't performing as well I'd like it to. So regardless if using manual or auto ground balance there are still other factors that can effect things.
    Yeah my F75 is sensitive. I just don't think I get a perfect ground balance with the big coil I get a better gb with the stock. Or it may just be all in my head.

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmo View Post
    Does this apply if your machine also has auto track?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
    I use the X TERRA 705 which has ground balance tracking and auto ground balance I usually do aa auto ground balance with the tracing turned off once I ground balance I then turn the auto tracing on but because of the area which I detect which is 40 acres of my own property I have seen the ground balance numbers change drastically I have seen GB numbers in single digits and as high as the high 40s with the X TERRA 705 the lower the ground balance number the hotter the ground so even though I am running with the auto GB tracking on I still periodically check my ground balance and every time I change to a different coil I re ground balance me personally if you change coils you re ground balance because going from a small coil to a larger coil or visa versa the numbers can change as far as ground balance.
    ecmo and Truth1253 like this.

us
    Nov 2012
    Cincinnati Ohio
    White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
    1884 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I ground balance a lot. Only takes a few seconds and will buy you some depth and a lot less chatter if your running hot.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Tesoro Cult Member & Overlord - Mojave; Vaquero; Lobo Super Traq; Tejon; Sand Shark - Minelab GPZ 7000
    14390 times
    Metal Detecting
    Bottom line? YES! Heck, sometimes you need to re-ground every 20-feet.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links