1st Wheatie For The Newbie

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I've only been MD for about 2 months now using my AT Pro. Hitting school yards and city parks trying to learn my machine and the hobby. Nothing but modern day coins until last Sunday when I hit the perimeter of the public pool early before it opened. Found a number of coins including a 1956 Wheatie (bottom coin in picture). I'd like to say I found it deep, but truth is my MD went off and after a couple of quick passes saw the coin sitting on top of the grass. It looked like it could have been dropped last week! Anyways, I'm counting it as my first :tongue3:and hoping to continue up the learning curve.

Attachments

• Doug Russel Pool Finds.jpg
    Doug Russel Pool Finds.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Forum and MD'ing!
Congrats on the Wheatie! It is one of many first to come!
Next will be your first Silver. Keep swinging, have fun and enjoy! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
When I started, it took a little time to get the hang of it. It took me a couple of months to find a wheatie.

I finally zeroed in on a good site and found my first silver coins, that really got me going! You are finding coins, so you are moving in the right direction. When that first shiny coin appears in the hole, you will be completely hooked!

I wish the very best of luck.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, huge congrats on that first wheatie! Way to go! Now get back out there and find that first silver, they are out there waiting!

OP
OP
TxAg

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot everyone. I will keep MD and post my first silver when I find it!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread