Similar MD to a Garrett GTI 2500 on a budget?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro Racer 2

Tesoro Vaquero

Garrett AT Pro

OP
OP
M

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makro Racer 2

Tesoro Vaquero

Garrett AT Pro

Thank you for taking your time to answer!
I don't know what you hunt, but what kind of metal detector would you prefer for relic hunting? Do you think the AT Pro can do the job? I've seen tons of people going for relic hunting with a AT Pro, but it's very rare that they find anything older than the 19th century. But maybe they do? My goal is to find relics from the roman period.

And i know that any detector can find stuff if the person behind it knows how to use it. It's like buying a car with manual gear box, if you don't know how to change gear, then you won't go places. But i'm more than willing to learn any of the MD i will settle with.

My current list of MDs to choose from is:

Omega 8000
X-terra 705
T2 / T2 SE
F75 / F75 LTD
AT Pro

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are all fine machines, but I suggest the Makro Racer 2. :occasion14:

OP
OP
M

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all fine machines, but I suggest the Makro Racer 2. :occasion14:

They are! And thanks for the suggestion. I looked at some video tests and it will definitely be on my list :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found several videos of the Nokta Fors Relic when i was looking at the MR2, this might be the one i would go for tbh. I must have missed out some great MDs when only looking at the popular ones ( the ones with great marketing ). :o

have you ever used Nokta Fors before?

Update: Went with the Nokta Fors Relic, it's on its way now :) Wouldn't have found it if you didn't suggested the Makro! Thank you!

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know when it arrives and when you start recovering that old Sardinian history. Pictures are a must.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread