New detectorist

DueEast

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello out there,
I'm new to metal detecting, or at least new to owning a detector. I have been with a buddy quite a few times , but only as a digger and moral support, but now I'm in the game.
I sold a 1948 plymouth that I just wasnt restoring and went a bit crazy buying metal detecting gear. I have been out every day for the last 2 weeks, and I'm loving it.
So far I have found some bullets, shotgun shell casings (umc), a buckle, some old iron thingamigiggas,etc. in addition to stumbling on 2 fawns last week.
My buddy is coming over tomorrow and we are heading out...hooked!

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome to you
and if i don't see you later, good day, good evening, and good night

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the bug bit hard, to some it's a hobby to others an obsession. I am still obsessed, but only get out on the weekends now in stead of every waking hour not at work. What detector are you using. GL & HH

OP
OP
D

DueEast

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks loco-digger.
I work as well so im getting out after work each day.
I am using a minelab xterra 505 and a Tesoro compadre. I have an AT Max on pre order. (Don't ask).
Also bought a whites trx pinpointer and shrade telescoping/folding shovel.
My wife is super happy.

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual Pack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
San Diego here, and welcome to the forum. 48' Plymouth I think my brother in law just got one in. He's been working on 5 different cars all at the same time. Getting out is a good thing, beats sitting on the couch doing nothing. Beside the rewards are endless once you've mastered the game. Or at least that's what I've been told. I'm using a Minelab X-Terra 705. While it's a great machine I think it's time to upgrade to a P.I. Machine due to the areas I tend to hunt, mainly Beaches. Yeah it's an addictive hobby or obsession if you want to call it.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Welcome to T-Net. It sounds like you will enjoy the hobby. Good equipment is the first part of it, the second is research.

Equipment: Lesche digger, or equal. Pinpointer (I use Garrett black or carrot) Pouch (Look up Freeloader in the classified section) Headphones (I have Sunray Gold and Killer B's)

I also use a kneepad, and I like to take a small towel for places that I want to keep recovery dirt to a minimum.

Research: Historic Aerials is good for starters. Plat maps from the Assessors office, old maps, Museums, books on local history, etc. This is where it gets interesting.

I love finding something and then researching where it came from. That is right up there with digging old silver!

Enjoy, and POST YOUR FINDS HERE.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A hearty welcome from the great state of South West Georgia.
This is the only addiction that you dig holes am find money.
So it's okay.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks loco-digger.
I work as well so im getting out after work each day.
I am using a minelab xterra 505 and a Tesoro compadre. I have an AT Max on pre order. (Don't ask).
Also bought a whites trx pinpointer and shrade telescoping/folding shovel.
My wife is super happy.

Welcome and remember, if Mama is happy you will be happy.:laughing7:
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread