Where would you go in Eastern Washington?

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Go to Molson, and find the museum, it is the brick building.

I have a room key fob on display there, from the Tonasket Hotel. It burned down in 1920.

I found it metal detecting not far from there. Has my name on the display and everything.

Lots of ghost towns in the area, well worth exploring.

OP
OP
K

kanescoins

Mar 17, 2017
Spokane Washington
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool will do a little molson research, jeez guys behave, keep the noise down.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Kane, if you do not have 'Ghost Towns of the Northwest', a book by Norman D. Weis, you should. It outlines many of the ghost towns in that area, among others in our neck of the woods.

Send me a PM with your address. I have two copies and will be happy to send you one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A http://TerryRSoloman.com Book Review
Title: Boom Towns & Relic Hunters of Washington State, Exploring Washington’s Historic Ghost Towns & Mining Camps
Author: Jerry Smith
ISBN: 978-1-59849-120-3
Classic Day Publishing, 301 pages, Paperback.

Jerry Smith spent his teen years fishing, hunting, camping, and searching the mining camps and ghost towns of Washington, with his Father. He was always fascinated with Washington’s history, its miners, prospectors, pioneers, Native Americans - and the ghost towns, artifacts and relics they left behind.

In his book, “Boom Towns & Relic Hunters of Washington State,” Smith takes the reader on a one-of-a-kind guided tour into the rugged mountains of “Okanogan” country. It is a thrilling account of Smith’s successful quest to locate and document the state’s million-dollar gold mines, ghost towns and mining camps of yesteryear, as he brings them to life once more in the mind of his readers.

The book highlights the wild gold rush days in Northeastern Washington, from the 1860s-1897, and focuses on six historic mining counties: Okanogan; Stevens: Pend Oreille; Chelan; Kittitas; and Ferry. Smith uses historic and modern photographs, historic mining documents, personal letters, old miner’s catalogs and equipment lists, interviews, and personal observations to bring these locations to life.

Boom Towns & Relic Hunters of Washington State, contains over a hundred detailed ghost town and gold mining camp locations, including GPS coordinates. Chapters include in-depth looks at the ghost towns of Northeastern Washington by County; short histories of the local Native American tribes and leaders; Boom Town stories; Historic Mines; Folklore and Treasure Legends; Tips on metal detecting and artifact collecting in ghost towns and mining camps; and the Treasure Hunters Code of Ethics.
For more information or questions about the book, visit Jerry Smith’s website http://GhostTownsUSA.com

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Great reference, Terry! I do not have that book.

Amazon, here I come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread