Wireless headphone gear - Deteknix (Quest) vs Garrett Z-Lynk ??

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Deteknix for my ATP and my F75. So far I had to replace the one for my F75 within 2 months (no exchange) and the one for my ATP is broken as we speak. No opinion on the Garrett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the deteknix for my ATpro and like them a lot. I haven't had any issues with them.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you only hunt for 4 hours as the norm the deteknix may work for you. I have the receiver and transmitter version that work on all wired headphones. I have not been reading up much on the Garrett, but it's longer battery life is worth the price if you hunt for more than 4 hours at a time IMHO.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree about the short battery life and tend to only hunt for between 3-5 hours. So I'm right at the border of going dead. I have told myself that if my hunts become longer in the near future I will buy the z-Lynk. The deteknix just happened to be the first ones I came across.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Garrett Z-link with no problems. It has a very long operation between charges and will easily last two hunts ( I charge after each hunt 8 hours+).

The machines I use them on: Tesoro (Outlaw and Tejon), Whites, AT Pro/Gold and Minelab with no issues

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett Z-Lynk,
in my mind it is worth it - can be changed from detector to detector, battery lasts 30+ hrs, no noticible lag, well built unit.

been using mine for several months - not one problem

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the Garrett Z-Link.
After detecting for 4 hrs or more you can hook it up to the computer and watch videos all night well the wife watches TV.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
questions about the micro USB..

..on the Garrett, it looks like the audio input from the headphone jack goes into the Z-Lynk micro USB - the same spot used for charging the unit. Does it, and does anyone think there could be a problem with that micro USB port wearing, getting dirty, etc..?

The Deteknix unit appears to have the audio input on the transmitter (and receiver) hard wired, and a seperate micro USB port just for charging.

Just wondering about the durability of that micro USB on the Garrett, if the same port used for charging is also for audio in & out on both transmitter and receiver. Hard wired audio with a seperate charging port appears more durable to me. What do you all think?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have used the Z-Lynk on many machines with no trouble as of this penning. I do wish they used the standard USB connectors with a rubber protective insert/cover. From an engineering prospective they would be more durable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread