What type finders bag/gear belt/gear rig do you guys use? Post some pictures!

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been curious how everybody else carries their pinpointers/shovels/finds/etc around while they are out detectecting. I always see guys carrying round shovels and stuffing stuff in their pockets but I couldn't imagine being that unsecured.

I used to use waterproof canvas bags that attached to my belt loops using carabeaner clips.

Now I have rigged up a "tactical" fanny pack. It works so much better and even carries my 22" handle wilcox trowel better than I carry my PR-24 baton on duty lol. It has molle straps so I was even able to attach my gp pointer (garrett carrot knockoff) and edge digger along with having enough pouches that I can separate the iron, clad, valuables, and be able to attach a separate canvas bag for trash so I don't get my New rig dirty.

Here's mine:

20170717_000033.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just got my "freeloader" pouches..nice!

Received 'em today! Matt does very nice work and was a pleasure to deal with. They're so well made, I plan on ordering another Park Ranger in gray and a cover for my Sampson shovel.

Both of these have an extra zippered pocket added.

IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to post because I love my finds pouch/tool belt. Perfect size and has all the pouches needed to hold everything securely. Also came with a nice belt and it has a "hard" rim so it isn't folding in on itself and makes it easy to drop finds in, which I like. Also has room to hold a lot of finds. The name is "Dead on tools utility pouch".
I also use Cate's gardening kneepads which I also love :) Waterproof, durable padding, and fit securely without velcro coming undone or sliding down. They save the knees, that's for sure.
20170728_020344.jpg 20170728_015954.jpg

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two bag I carry. I got a regular minelab with one of my detectors. I used it to carry tools (digging knife,
pinpointer, probe, screwdriver, hand towel, spare batteries) and the zippered pouch holds anything good I find (namely precious metal finds or old coins) I took an old shoulder strap off of piece of luggage and modified that so I can just clip it on to my belt or belt loops.

$_1.JPG

My "finds pouch" is actually ment for boating, but it's a mess bag with 1 large and three small pockets. It was meant to be suction cupped to the side of your boat and hold tools/supplies while letting the water drain. I really like it because it let's all the dirt/sand work it's way out. I just put tent grommets in the suction cup holes, and caribiners in the outside 2 of those, then clip it to my belt or belt loops

166-266.jpg

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic Elite metal detecting pouch (search ebay) well made, works great, lots of pockets and room for water bottle, phone, pin pointer, and mesh bottom.

Made by omegamill

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gunsil that Imperial hunting knife is around 50 years old and some consider them collectors items, you might want to swap it for another knife as the plastic handles on those are prone to breaking, which just makes yours more interesting.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a finders bag I use an old leather ammo pouch with a tight fitting plastic container inserted and a slot cut in the top of the leather with a corresponding slot cut into the lid of the plastic container. I can run with that setup and not lose any found coins in the pouch. Here's a You Tube video on my basic digging gear and arrangement on a GI type web belt. https://youtu.be/in5Pf2iSo28

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions