What type finders bag/gear belt/gear rig do you guys use? Post some pictures!

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been curious how everybody else carries their pinpointers/shovels/finds/etc around while they are out detectecting. I always see guys carrying round shovels and stuffing stuff in their pockets but I couldn't imagine being that unsecured.

I used to use waterproof canvas bags that attached to my belt loops using carabeaner clips.

Now I have rigged up a "tactical" fanny pack. It works so much better and even carries my 22" handle wilcox trowel better than I carry my PR-24 baton on duty lol. It has molle straps so I was even able to attach my gp pointer (garrett carrot knockoff) and edge digger along with having enough pouches that I can separate the iron, clad, valuables, and be able to attach a separate canvas bag for trash so I don't get my New rig dirty.

Here's mine:

20170717_000033.jpg

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Park Ranger custom made pouch from a fellow TNet member, Freeloader and it's fantastic. Check out the thread titled, "Custom Pouches for Sale" in the "Treasure Related Stuff for Sale Forum.

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just thinking about this...i just got back into it recently and i just have a bag that i put everything in...its a hassle getting everything in and out everytime i dig. Ill be looking forward to seeing more posts on this thread.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get the tactical fanny pack?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I took up the hobby, I already had a couple of leather carpenter nail bags. With a belt, they ride on your hips, so they don't dump out every time you bend over. But I found the weight kept pulling my pants down. Got a heavy duty set of work suspenders, and what a difference! I would never consider doing without those suspenders now. Takes the weight off of your hips, and the pressure away from your lower belly, if you have a belly. I do.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally agree with SD51 on the Park Ranger finds bag by Freeloader. I love mine. There are several sizes available, and customization to fit your needs is not problem. Check him out!

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool setup. I'm a beach hunter so any finds I put in my cargo shorts pocket.

I'm also a beach hunter. But I dabble in dirt so I decided I needed to formalize a rig that would work for both sand and soil.

bilder

May 16, 2017
Southwest Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Park Ranger custom made pouch from a fellow TNet member, Freeloader and it's fantastic. Check out the thread titled, "Custom Pouches for Sale" in the "Treasure Related Stuff for Sale Forum.

You just had to go and post about some really cool gear, didn't you?

Now I have to get one.

My wife is gonna kill me......

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just bought two of "freeloader's" bags, Park Ranger and Pack Mule. Hope to have 'em soon. The bags will be nice for hikes into the woods when I want to take the water bottle, small camera, snake bite kit & misc. supplies. I may ask Matt "freeloader" to do a matching sheath for my Lesche Sampson shovel next.

Presently using a Lowe's cloth nail apron, along with a Buzz Wilson "Bomb #2" sheath for my Lesche hand digger & pinpointer. It's a lightweight setup, but I can't take everything..

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just had to go and post about some really cool gear, didn't you?

Now I have to get one.

My wife is gonna kill me......

My wife was so ticked. I just bought a minelab go find 60 and she thought that all I needed was a new detector... I needed to finally get a pinpointer, a long handled wilcox trowel, and a new rig for everything.

She wasn't happy at all lol.

But this bag really is worth every bit of 20 bucks. It extends to a 42" waistline, has like 5 pockets, molle straps (if I ever go detecting in a free state I am going to use this for open carry lol), 2 large pockets and 3 smaller ones all with zippers and the center one with a strap.

It even has a Velcro spot for me to put my American flag, and either my Gadston flag or my III% logo.

Love my new rig. I used it for an impromptu hunt today and it was perfect. Holds all of my tools and even has space for a water bottle and snacks LOL!

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I bought a Park Ranger, then I liked it so much I just got a Pack Mule.

The Mule is big enough to throw in a small towel for dirt when digging plugs, plus I can put a water bottle on the rear pouch.

Also a place for my keys and phone, Lesche in one pocket, brass coin probe in the other, and the Carrot in the slot up front.

Park Ranger is perfect for a quick hunt when I am not putting in a big day.

They look like they were made for metal detectorists, oh wait, they are.

Heck, I put them on my signature!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of Freeloader's Park Ranger bags that I had customized a bit and love it! It is worth every penny and plan on adding another and waiting to see if he comes up with a bag for beach/water hunting, I'll get one of those too! Beerguy, good idea about adding to signature! As important as the detector, pinpointer and digger. As for Pinpointer I use a Kellyco Vulcan 360 and a Lesche Digger. I have backups for each.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my setup—using the Garrett pouch with tools added plus a small coin purse.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small bounty hunter finds pouch. Simple and light.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for;
1. Coins in parks and manicured lawns. Small pouch, knife, spoon, brass probe and tweezers (long ones).
2. Larger pouch for Old houses, barns, woods, etc. #1 plus Gator digger, small folding shovel, hatchet for roots.
3. Beach hunting. Gator digger in back pocket just in case. Pouch for junk. Goodies go in pocket and my metal
FREE plastic scoop with wood handle for the sand. I check with coil to know if I got the prize.
I have the first two with me in a bag in vehicle so I can change strategies without going back home to re-tool.
Of course the trusty .38 cal. for all three.
Different strokes for different folks---I don't buy many tools, just make 'em as I need then or re-purpose some.
Marvin

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for;
1. Coins in parks and manicured lawns. Small pouch, knife, spoon, brass probe and tweezers (long ones).
2. Larger pouch for Old houses, barns, woods, etc. #1 plus Gator digger, small folding shovel, hatchet for roots.
3. Beach hunting. Gator digger in back pocket just in case. Pouch for junk. Goodies go in pocket and my metal
FREE plastic scoop with wood handle for the sand. I check with coil to know if I got the prize.
I have the first two with me in a bag in vehicle so I can change strategies without going back home to re-tool.
Of course the trusty .38 cal. for all three.
Different strokes for different folks---I don't buy many tools, just make 'em as I need then or re-purpose some.
Marvin

Your just lucky to be able to carry while detecting...

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought of something all of us should start taking with us.
Small pieces of Cork, yep cork, to stick any needle we find into so no one gets stuck.
Marvin

Digitupquick

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2017
maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter then another bounty hunter now the f22.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a old but in good shape bookbag it has a pocket on each side so i can put finds in them without taking it off.It also carries my other stuff from water to clipping my digging tool on it and putting my id and keys inside pocket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread