Myrtle beach Sc

Ace843marlowe

Jul 17, 2017
Myrtle beach south carolina
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seeing if there is anyone in myrtle beach sc area that goes out metal detecting on the beach, on the weekends. I'm new to this and figure someone might be able to give me a few pointers I have a basic detector brand new got it for a low price. A friend got as a present so i got it from him still wrapped in the box I'm born and raised in the area family from conway to Georgetown South Carolina so I have a few spot I want to hit figured I would learn how to detect on the beach first anyone out there hit me up I'm free on Saturdays and Sundays.:hello2:

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For any beach, the towel line is easy pickins.

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
Invest in a solid sand scoop.
Like smokeythecat said, try the towel line first. It will have a variety of targets allowing you to learn what different things sound like (or where they appear on your visual meter/display if your detector has one).
Go slow while keeping your coil just above the sand and parallel to the ground. Most importantly, have fun!!!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont beach hunt , im a relic hunter and live up in calabash. If you ever want to try relic hunting give me a shout out.

OP
OP
A

Ace843marlowe

Jul 17, 2017
Myrtle beach south carolina
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys I'm going out this coming weekend I have a few places in mind and yea I need to get a scooper but whatever I find this weekend I'll post on here hope y'all have good luck on y'alls hunts and be safe.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did not say what kind of detector you have, I have learned from others on this Forum that for "Salt Water" beaches, a "Full Band Detector", that is one with (Multi-Freq's) will work the best, Single Freq. detectors will often have a hard time trying to "Ground Balance" to the salt content. Nonetheless, give it a try, welcome to the hobby, and of course, Good Luck!

Bwarnerusa1

Nov 23, 2017
Little River, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White’s VX3
White’s DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are you still looking to detect in the area?
I was into detecting about 8 years ago and quit.
I started back and am trying to find some others that are detecting in the area.

Winks

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2017
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus ii, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash Digger - tried to send reply, but you inbox is full. I live in Peoria, AZ and do a lot of relic and coin hunting.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cleared it out.

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just moved to the NMB area has anyone been put lately? It's a nice day today thinking of finding a spot to hunt.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myrtle Beach,, and points north and south are easy to detect on the sand. The weather in the area is a lot warmer than the NYC beaches that I hunted, especially in the winter. Stay on dry sand and your machine should be okay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread