Ace 250

Dirt_Pirate

Jul 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I have an Ace 250 and have been reading/watching various tips and instructiona for it. I have read the manual, which at first appears to be rather large except that 3/4 of it is in different languages so it really doesn't cover too much. Can any owners, past or present, give any pointers or feedback? I tried a search but "Ace 250" is apparently a rather broad scope for the search function here. I'd also like to prematurely thin the herd of "buy xyz instead", etc. Ace 250 is what I have. I'm not into anything specific and I'm not trying to supplement my income with it, just want to dig. Thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simplest terms, if it sounds like a slot machine bell, dig it up! Move the coil towards you and away, then try side to side. If it sounds the same, dig it. Digging trash all the time is tiresome. If I dug everything, I would hardly find anything of value. Some will disagree and want you to dig every thing. I just don't have the time & energy in high trash areas. Hope this helps. Higher end detectors with multiple audio response are easier one you know the sounds or tones.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it reads a nickel 9 times and a pull tab on the 10th swing, it will be a pull tab.

For your first 100 hours or so, dig everything. That will let you learn what your machine is telling you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread