Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Augusta, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a newbie to the craft, however I have found myself completely in love with the hunt. I was searching to see if there are anyone near me. I would love to join a club and gain some experience. I have been metal detecting for about a month. I have logged about 60 hours thus far. I learning with a Garrett Ace 250. Thank you...Jonathan

Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another Georgia boy here. I'm from Covington, Georgia and a relic hunter. We camp a good bit down the road from you in Lincolnton, Georgia at Elijah Clark State Park. One of our favorite parks.

Countrycuz

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hello there Jonathon
That is also my name as well. I bought a home and a one acre lot over in Goshen Plantation back in June
The lot is flat and is mowed grass and the soil is sandy loam with no rocks and no clay. I no longer have a detector but I did some research on line an discovred that this lot has been cleared since back in the 1920s in an arial map I saw online. If you would be wiling to share what you find, I will let you come out here and we can go to work! give me a call if you are interested.
Jonathon 803-728-5521

OP
OP
J

jdv1973

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Augusta, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening. I appreciate the responses. Sorry for the delay I haven't checked the website in awhile. Devildog I have been there a few times. My dad lives in Lincolnton It's a beautiful park with great potential. Let me know the next time you head that way.

Countycuz....small world my wife and a couple family members lived in Goshen most of their lives. I will be glad to share and finds after they are logged and identified. I will reach out. Thanks for the opportunity. I really appreciate the hospitality.

Since I posted last I have graduated to the AT Pro and have found It to be very helpful. I've found some pretty good relics and coins.

Twizzlerlord and JC let me know if you ever make it this way. I will do the same. Thanks again y'all!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Augusta? I heard there was a really cool golf course there? I wonder if you could get permission to hunt it? I would gladly show up for that!

Countrycuz

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just picked up a Whites DFX and I live in Augusta Ga.
Would like to meet others in the area who want to hunt together and share stories.
Countrycuz A different Jonathon.. so Drop me a line anyone interested. I have lots of time.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Countrycuz and trdking, I live in Columbus and travel north to do my prospecting/detecting. It would be cool for the 3 of us to get together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread