Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought about taking my metal detector, pinpointer, and digging tool on business trips to use in the area I'm visiting during the evenings. I'd really appreciate any insights/knowledge/experience anyone can share on how to transport my equipment on commercial flights and any other aspects you can think of that I should know. Thanks all!

Upvote 0

skateteacher

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also bought a pelican bow case and modded it to fit my CTX. I've flown with it twice domestically. I have to check it as it's obviously too big to carry on. I've had problems with the Airline each time in terms of them understanding what it is even though I've told the agent at check in what it is. In each instance my case was pulled for security check and it missed my flights and had to be flown on a later flight to get to me. I have MD stickers all over it in the hope folks would figure it out but they haven't. My wife now gives me the stink eye when I say I want to take my detector with us as the experience hasn't exactly worked with my CTX. I know the Deus has a backpack/hard case so you could take it directly on the flight and other machines break down better than the CTX. It really just depends on what type of detector you have and the accessories you plan on taking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread