Replacing ear pads / cushions on Killer B's & Sun Ray headphones ?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, just curious if any of you have replaced the leather ear pads on their Killer B's or Sun Ray headphones.
Asking 'cause I bought some used KB's which will need new pads (torn). I ordered pads from John Smith who makes the headphones ($20+shipping) and he says they're easy to swap out, but he didn't go into detail. Is the leather pad/cushion a pull-off, held on with double stick tape or does it have a plastic piece attached that snaps into place?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

mascard1

Oct 28, 2008
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030...E-TRAC...EXPLORER SE...EXCALIBER II...TEJON...ELDORADO..LOBO ST...F75LTD...F70...CZ3D...XLT...T2...MXT Pro.. 1861 HALF DOLLAR
Pretty sure peel and stick!

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks, question answered.. ^_^

Pretty sure peel and stick!

Thanks. I just watched a youtube vid of someone replacing his with some Chinese leatherette pads and see that they look to be glued onto a plastic base plate that snaps into the cup. I just have to wait now to see if the new replacements I ordered come with that plastic base plate or not. I ordered directly from John Smith, the guy who makes the KB's and Sun Rays. Hoping he'll send me the OEM Pro Ears leather pads, and not the cheesey Chinese pads..
BTW - Mr. Smith's price on 'em was better than buying 'em from Pro Ears.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread