Requests to locate objects-Unsuccessful :(

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is fun to find random things detecting, but I welcomed the challenge of helping people find lost items...a ring, a horseshoe, and two gold charms...but sadly was unsuccessful. The ring was a big unknown as to where and how deep, the horseshoe in an unspecified area of a corral, but the small quarter inch gold charms were in a relatively small area (with lots of nails)....I was so disappointed that I could not find them for her with my XLT..but then again...not sure how to detect gold with it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That can be tough!
Only ideas.
If you can locate a similar charm you can test your detector on it. An item in the ground can be different , but similar ,and sometimes a good hit from having been there so long.
Don't worry about old horse manure ,but wear a dust mask if sifting that small area ,if soil can be removed. Or ,pull the nails after detecting them.
Sorting through nails can be a challenge when after smaller ,more subtle targets.

The shoe could be on edge or tilted. Should honk iron good though. If it was thrown by horse or human it could have run,skipped and hopped.
If near a fence it could run under into weeds ,it might have.
Detecting after a rain can help liven up targets.

I did not locate a fine gold chain in a barn ,or path to barn. Others had looked too.
Passed on searching for a diamond earring in a trashy area , but if I had it's mate to test on may have tried.
Located close to a bank and other businesses so would have been quite a social setting.

You tried. Don't feel bad for that. Try again. Overlap coil " path"at most accurate speed. After going one direction over site ,start over at a right angle and hit it again the opposite direction to grid it.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the many useful ideas. I also ran the pinpointer all over the place looking for the gold charms to no avail. Okay try again in the Fall when the flowers have died. ack..but the pachysandra patch will be tough. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread