Misquamicut beach RI first time beach diggin!

Andy0820

Jul 7, 2017
West Brookfield, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I headed down south for a little beach digging and maybe some drinks. It was raining pretty hard all day but I had expected the storm to pass right around the time I got to the beach. Just as expected I got a break in the clouds and I grabbed a bite to eat and a long island iced tea! Afterward I hit the beach and I found a fellow digger. He was using a whites detector with a tiny little coil. So he told me why apparently it gets inbetween the trash but I busted out the old ace 250 determined to find something, lol. Anyways my first hit was a wire, then a screw, then a quarter. And the other guy shows me what he found, a handful of clad, so it starts raining again and I had to head home, hour and a half drive. I only found a quarter and a penny, both modern clad, but I'm doing it again! IMG_20170805_144858.jpg IMG_20170805_142958.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Andy0820

Andy0820

Jul 7, 2017
West Brookfield, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, I also had a question. Does anyone know the laws on detecting on a state beach in Rhode Island? The man I met said its OK as long as you don't get caught! That's crazy, what's wrong with people? Why won't they let us dig up the beaches when there's people doing more damage legally? They dig big holes and go in them and then the sand collapses and someone dies, but oh no don't go digging a tiny hole and filling it in or you be harassed and possibly arrested? Any info please

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our state parks and beaches are technically off limits to detecting too, but, they don't enforce it on the beach itself. Just continue to be considerate, stay off the dunes, refill holes, haul off the trash, don't annoy people there, and you should have no problems.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I also had a question. Does anyone know the laws on detecting on a state beach in Rhode Island? The man I met said its OK as long as you don't get caught! That's crazy, what's wrong with people? Why won't they let us dig up the beaches when there's people doing more damage legally? They dig big holes and go in them and then the sand collapses and someone dies, but oh no don't go digging a tiny hole and filling it in or you be harassed and possibly arrested? Any info please
ive been hitting RI beaches for yrs with never a problem - don't know what he's talk bout
in fact im heading back down this weekend :tongue3:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO... any state that does not allow metal detecting has got its head up its arse.

What a load of absurd crapola.

What could be so wrong with the brains of any official to "ban" such a beneficial activity.

A pure example of "stupid laws gone wild". heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats next for those narrow minded people... "ban sand castle's". ?

Sheesh.

Better implement a crew of 100's at tax payers expense yearly to work non stop to prevent the buildup of trash and debris that will accumulate to the point of a trash sand pit within 10 years. heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions