Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $560 something on amazon, is this a great deal or a sucker bet because something wonderful is coming? Last I looked these were over a grand so was resolved to be even more satisfied with my Vaquero. Hearing is getting worse so having visual aid and tone adjustments are greatly desired. Just wondering if I'm going wrong buying an F75 at this price.

Thanks for any advice.

Oh, going to use in black hills and around Cobalt Ontario yet this summer. Also hit local parks and beaches.

Upvote 0

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
They lowered the price on the flagship unit a few months ago by a couple hundred bucks and this might be a new discounted unit from a dealer that is tired of looking at the thing in stock...if it is not an older unit that is pre DST without the upgrades.
Before they lowered the price they came out with the Anniversary Edition minus boost and cache but with DST and the other upgrades for $600 but most dealers discount that one to $499.
Pretty much shooting themselves in the foot when they did that because that one was sure to pull sales from the $1000 flagship and I assume it has.
FTP isn't stupid and I am sure they knew this would happen but they made other moves lately like discontinuing the $679 F70 and rebranding it as the Patriot at $400, moved a few models over to the Teknetics brand too and so it sure looks to me like they are reconfiguring their lines plus making room at the top for new models in the Fisher line.
Rumors are there are new designs in the pipeline under development, multi frequency, a new PI unit and who knows what else.
They won't say anything till they are close to releasing any new models but I was in retail for a long time and in my experience companies don't make major moves like this, coming out with cheaper top shelf products, releasing cheap close to full featured models and all of a sudden discounting long top selling full featured popular flagship units unless they are working on some sort of long range plan...we just don't know what it is yet.

There are a ton of dealers selling all flavors and versions of the F75 models on Amazon so it pays to be careful.
If this is a full blown top of the line new F75 with DST, cache, boost and everything else from a known good dealer it is a bit unusual but possible...if this dealer doesn't care that FTP will probably pull their dealership for selling a new flagship unit at this price.
if it is the 85th Anniversary edition that one can be found cheaper.
If it is a pre DST LTD unit that is just old stock and some may bite but in my mind not worth it with the other choices available.

Last edited:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They lowered the price on the flagship unit a few months ago by a couple hundred bucks and this might be a new discounted unit from a dealer that is tired of looking at the thing in stock...if it is not an older unit that is pre DST without the upgrades.
Before they lowered the price they came out with the Anniversary Edition minus boost and cache but with DST and the other upgrades for $600 but most dealers discount that one to $499.
Pretty much shooting themselves in the foot when they did that because that one was sure to pull sales from the $1000 flagship and I assume it has.
FTP isn't stupid and I am sure they knew this would happen but they made other moves lately like discontinuing the $679 F70 and rebranding it as the Patriot at $400, moved a few models over to the Teknetics brand too and so it sure looks to me like they are reconfiguring their lines plus making room at the top for new models in the Fisher line.
Rumors are there are new designs in the pipeline under development, multi frequency, a new PI unit and who knows what else.
They won't say anything till they are close to releasing any new models but I was in retail for a long time and in my experience companies don't make major moves like this, coming out with cheaper top shelf products, releasing cheap close to full featured models and all of a sudden discounting long top selling full featured popular flagship units unless they are working on some sort of long range plan...we just don't know what it is yet.

There are a ton of dealers selling all flavors and versions of the F75 models on Amazon so it pays to be careful.
If this is a full blown top of the line new F75 with DST, cache, boost and everything else from a known good dealer it is a bit unusual but possible...if this dealer doesn't care that FTP will probably pull their dealership for selling a new flagship unit at this price.
if it is the 85th Anniversary edition that one can be found cheaper.
If it is a pre DST LTD unit that is just old stock and some may bite but in my mind not worth it with the other choices available.

Thank you for this insight - very helpful to me as well!

OP
OP
SteveJJ

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ideas. I ordered it, and it does not have the cache and boost, but believe it has the DST. Not exactly sure how to tell. For certain it's more informative to me than my Tesoro Vaquero, which I'm having harder time hearing due to hearing loss. The F75 multi-tones and lowerable frequency is very helpful. The display is also very helpful. The depth at which this finds things is surprising, just in my junky back yard. I'll bring the Tesoro along as a backup on the upcoming trips, but will likely sell it once I return. For me, the visual display and better audio makes all the difference, even if they were otherwise the same (Tesoro with critical tuning is awesome though).

This will be my third trip to the mine tailings in Cobalt. I get to bring my Mavic Pro uav to video the sights, so I’m doubly excited to go. Who knows what small piles long lost in the woods I'll spot that Google Earth doesn't resolve? It's beautiful country up there so I'm happy to go again.

Any clues to tell if it has DST? Trying to find out which options it might have isn't crystal clear for me. Amazon says the seller is Fisher Labs sold by Amazon LLC. Answers on the product ordered says it is the latest and does have DST. I'll read the manual again to see what it might say about DST. There's a lot to get through in there, that I don't really understand until I get out and swing it a while. It's gone up to $599 now so I've saved $50 or so. Now I feel better about the FM transmitter and headphones I ordered for wireless convenience!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it has the FA process it has the DST upgrade. I had an older F75 one and had no problems using it.

OP
OP
SteveJJ

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has FA so has DST! I've been out with it a couple times now and am learning. Yesterday at a well picked beach, I pulled up 4-5 deep nickels, couple clad quarters and learned to ignore zinc pennies! Small iron nails or bobby pins fooled me however. Still, dug less trash than usual and found deeper goods. I am pleased already, and just beginning to learn its ways.

Thanks all for your help.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to find gold, you need to dig all solid mid tones that only vary by a digit at the most.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread