Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger

Thread: Tons of YT channels out there… but what about a blog, instead?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2017
    Auburn, WA
    104 times
    Metal Detecting

Tons of YT channels out there… but what about a blog, instead?

In a couple weeks or so, I'll finally have the extra funds available to get a machine and all the gear to go along with it, and I'll actually be able to start partaking in the hobby I've been following for almost a year. I've been thinking that starting a YouTube channel would be an interesting and fun thing to do along the way, but there is just no realistic way that I'd have enough time to maintain it at all. A couple hunts and videos here and there sure, but nothing on a regular basis.

Then, I started thinking about doing a blog instead. It'd be a lot easier to create content for it because I wouldn't be pressed to always push out a new video with every update like I would if I had an actual channel. My only concern, however, is if there's a big enough audience within the hobby to make it a worthwhile venture.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

us
    Nov 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    Bounty Hunter Prospector
    59 times
    Metal Detecting
    One of the reasons content creators prefer YT is that it's easy to monetize. If you're not trying to monetize it, then blog away and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Write for yourself.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    7658 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I've got both, and yes, it's a very saturated niche. Having said this, I also enjoy writing and making videos, so for me it just extends my enjoyment of the hobby. It's also a means of sharing with family and friends and even making some new friends and acquaintances in the process. Having said this, if your goal is to grow a noticeable audience then you're going to have to keep creating new content which means turning something you're doing for enjoyment into something of a job so I just do it for the enjoyment and produce content whenever I'm in the mood and I have the time.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD SE, F70, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F75, & XP Deus.
    13340 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Do like most of us, there are plenty of forums to post topics right here. I am not one to snoop out personal blogs.

GL & HH
    GA_Boy likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links