Silverdrake

Greenie
Aug 7, 2017
Mo
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had a detector for years but am only just getting serious in the hobby. I recently asked a farmer Neibor if i could detect his field. Not only did he say yes but we talked history and it turns out a cival war camp once stopped there. I don't think anybody has ever serched this field.
I want to do this right but can't mark my plots because cows are roaming the field. I tried searching for an android app but most of what i find just wants to turn my phone into a detector.
Anybody know of a good app for keeping track of the ground you've covered? On second thought it would also be cool if you could pin places you've found things, might see a pattern develop.

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use Google Earth Pro. After you download it, use the license code GEPFREE and you will get it for free forever. You'll need a second app for your phone that gives you your coordinates based on your location (not sure what a good one is), but when you get home you can tag all your finds based on longitude and latitude in google earth.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check down the forums listed here for the map/gps threads. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
Silverdrake

Silverdrake

Greenie
Aug 7, 2017
Mo
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the code silverforbrains, and seek ye first I have downloaded the Tect O Trak app and will try it out soon. It looks like just what I wanted.

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverdrake,
I use onXhunt. It allows offline map use and track plotting. I use it for figuring out the boundaries of a claim and discovery locations.

WisconsinPirate

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Delorme PN20 and Delorme Topo USA 6 map program on my PC. Turns my laptop into a GPS with a USB receiver. Google it. I got my stuff from Ebay.

.Rick.

Jul 28, 2017
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
1st - White's 2500/D Coinmaster - Still works like day one.
2nd - Fisher F2 - The wife's ... she loves it.
3rd - Garrett Ace 300i - Mine, mine, mine.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPS Essentials is what I use. Once you make a find you can add a waypoint. Good luck hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread