Fisher 1265-X

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
That was a popular machine in its day. But is rather dated now. That's circa early 1980s, isn't it ? Or mid '80s ? Depth is very limited by today's standards. And wasn't an exception see-through (averaging) machine. Nor had any TID (other than manually playing with the dial to see the "drop out" point). Yes it was very simple to use. Sort of addictive. Well balanced ergonomically .

They used to be popular in parts of Europe. But by now .... I'm betting few are being used by at least the more hard-core crowed.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use my 1265X and never had a problem with depth when relic hunting. 8-10 inch deep Minie-ball Is OK with me. Yes it is hard to differentiate between junk and coins/Jewelry but I use it for relics where I dig almost everything. Experience is the best teacher.
My BH LRP is my go to for coins/Jewelry and the GB 2 for Gold.
There is no perfect Detector but the newer ones are much better than the older ones IMO.
Marvin

OP
OP
WisconsinPirate

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my 1265-X in 1987. Just getting back into the hobby, and learning the AT pro. It is interesting and frustrating at the same time.
Thanks for the Responses!!!

Mike

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have my 1260X I purchased new in 1984, dug silver dimes at 10", and went through nails and clinkers where my ADS III wouldn't go. Just last year I was plucking out pennies from the midst of nails at a bonfire site. I also have the 1265X too, a wee bit better than the 1260X. Kicked the manure out of my Ace250.

A 1265X deserves respect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread