Jeohunter 2D reviews

Moca

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Jeohunter 2D deep coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Morocco and have a jeohunter 2D.
The detector isnt easy to work with, but after a few times i managed to get a proper ground balance.

After solving this problem i got an other one, for the third time i detected something what should be gold (the detector gives me gold on the screen) but its only a piece of metal.

Does anyone recognise this problem? I have two other spots where the detector gives me for exemple 16% gold and something valuable but since all other spots where false i want to start digging after i solved this problem.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... i detected something what should be gold (the detector gives me gold on the screen) but its only a piece of metal......

Welcome to T'net. I'm not too familiar with that machine, other than to say that NO machine can tell you "gold" versus other types metal. It might have a "gold" range category on the TID scale. But rest-assured: Other types of metal fall into that category too. Eg.: aluminum, on a size-per-size basis. The classifications of "gold" or "silver" or "foil" or "iron", etc... are all just broad categories. Unfortunately, many metals share the same conductive ranges.

If I were you, I'd dump the "flashy" detectors like that (with all the whiz-bang supposed shape-showing ability), and just get a standard detector. Or if big objects (caches) are your objective, just get a TM-808.

OP
OP
M

Moca

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Jeohunter 2D deep coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net. I'm not too familiar with that machine, other than to say that NO machine can tell you "gold" versus other types metal. It might have a "gold" range category on the TID scale. But rest-assured: Other types of metal fall into that category too. Eg.: aluminum, on a size-per-size basis. The classifications of "gold" or "silver" or "foil" or "iron", etc... are all just broad categories. Unfortunately, many metals share the same conductive ranges.

If I were you, I'd dump the "flashy" detectors like that (with all the whiz-bang supposed shape-showing ability), and just get a standard detector. Or if big objects (caches) are your objective, just get a TM-808.

Thank you very much for the quick lesson.
I was yesterday high in the mountains, we drove an hour off road to reach a place with at least a history of 600 years. I have scanned the ground and found at different places "gold" or "80% valuable, 10% valuable" but i didnt touch the ground. I was waiting for the one word. From now on I will scan for the depth, if its more than 20cm I think its worth digging, i dont think that on places like these (hundreds years old) foil, or aluminum in the ground will be found in the ground. Dont you think so?

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good place to start hunting. You'll likely want to dig everything until you get to know your machine and how it works. Even rusty iron can give similar signals to precious metals. Get a good shovel, a good finds bag, and dont forget to fill your holes back in. :)

Oh, also dont forget to share pics of your finds with us. :)

OP
OP
M

Moca

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Jeohunter 2D deep coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good place to start hunting. You'll likely want to dig everything until you get to know your machine and how it works. Even rusty iron can give similar signals to precious metals. Get a good shovel, a good finds bag, and dont forget to fill your holes back in. :)

Oh, also dont forget to share pics of your finds with us. :)

I was last week on a site and according to a man who owned the place it was nearly 1200 years old. I got a "gold" notification on the scanner and have digged one place and it was a piece of metal. I was so disappointed :(
An other spot i got a big blue magnetic field with one word on the screen "GOLD" but when i come back after a few days to look for it, the signal was gone.
With the knowlegde of today it was maybe an other type of metal.

When I find something with value I will definitely share it here.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actual value may only be relevant to the beholder. Others may find value in the variety of items found, regardless if they're of any real monetary value or not.

Ive yet to find anything worth more in actual value than the time i spent trying to find it. But it all goes towards the overall experience and skill building, so hopefully when i do swing across something I value, I can be sure its gets in put in the bag.... if I dont dig it, I will never know.

:icon_sunny:

OP
OP
M

Moca

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Jeohunter 2D deep coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actual value may only be relevant to the beholder. Others may find value in the variety of items found, regardless if they're of any real monetary value or not.

Ive yet to find anything worth more in actual value than the time i spent trying to find it. But it all goes towards the overall experience and skill building, so hopefully when i do swing across something I value, I can be sure its gets in put in the bag.... if I dont dig it, I will never know.

:icon_sunny:

Thats true what you said about not knowing if you dont dig it up. I really thought that when the detector says gold so it will be gold. Finaly i found out that it isnt so, And you here have only confirmed my doubts :D

This is the detector I have.

Attachments

• 20170820_234220.jpg
    20170820_234220.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 105

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Moca, me thinks you didn't take to heart my advice in post #2. You seem to keep thinking that if that machine (or any machine for that matter) reads "gold" on the TID, that those signals should be something good necessarily. Do as obsessive says and dig every signal for the time-being. And you can air-test (or sample-bury) targets for testing. Eg. bury a soda can and test. Bury a silver coin and test. Bury a pulltab or foil wad and test. Bury a hubcap and test, etc...

And why do you think that only objects that are over 7 cm are worth digging ? And I wouldn't trust the machine's depth mode till you're more familiar with the machine. Those depth modes are calibrated to certain size targets. Not sure about your particular machine, but the normal coin hunting machines are calibrated to coins. So for example a USA quarter at 5 inches could be either a quarter at 5 inches, OR it could be a soda can at 1.5 ft. So you have to learn to factor the commensurate size into it, and know what the machine is calibrated for, when it pertains to supposed depth. Bottom line is: Don't trust the depth meter till you've dug 100+ signals.

What kind of stuff are you looking for ? Caches ? If I were you, I'd ditch that whizz-bang flashy thing and simply get a 2-box machine. Like a TM-808. Or if it's individual coins and relics you're looking for, I'd just get a standard machine like an Explorer, Racer, etc....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the website. You can download the users guide and other info.

Jeoscan 2D System Macro Detector. Metal detectors. Site of the official representative.

Detectors only detect two things: changes in the relative conductivity of objects in the field of the coil.

Ferric vs. non-ferric metals (Iron or something else). Iron being magnetic gives a different response than other metals.

Gold is more conductive than iron, but less than aluminum or silver. It's kind of middle interesting to a metal detector in spite of how we value it.

But the designers know we like gold, so they set up internal parameters and algorithms in the detector programming and circuits that rank common objects based on how the circuits react.

The shape of an object or many close together, or larger and deeper, will change how the detector reacts. Nice flat, round objects like coins make eddy currents in the field and give good results. But so does foil and bottle caps.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread