Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came from a at pro to a deus. The learning curve is not that bad if you spend some time learning the feautures of the deus and the language of the deus. If you want a machine that you can grow into and the best relic performer on the market than check the deus out. I made this video just for people like you in this situation. I also made some videos as to why the deus is a better value than the at series including the at max. Hope this helps. BTW I dont work for deus and recieve nothing from them. Someone will chime in and say why you should stay with the garretts. Heres a simple question do you want a machine that smokes the at series in performance and adjustability? If the answer is yes , then buy a deus. check the video out its for beginners or people looking to buy a new machine. ITS A 2 PART SERIES

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go ahead Truth keep swapping detectors and you will always be in the learning stage instead of the Mastering stage. I had an XP Deus for almost a year, got it for a great deal and it had not hit on anything that my F75 wouldn't have hit on. From all my research the Deus might have 1/4 to 1/2 increased depth over the F75 in DE mode, which I can make up simply by switching to BP mode. If the F75 dies, I simply swap out the batteries. My coil does not need charged. If the Deus coil battery goes bad, how long are you down and at what cost? Good luck in what ever your choose. For myself I have come to the realization that I rather be great on one machine rather than so-so on many. I am awaiting the next Fisher flagship model if and when it ever comes out.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I came from a at pro to a deus. The learning curve is not that bad if you spend some time learning the feautures of the deus and the language of the deus. If you want a machine that you can grow into and the best relic performer on the market than check the deus out. I made this video just for people like you in this situation. I also made some videos as to why the deus is a better value than the at series including the at max. Hope this helps. BTW I dont work for deus and recieve nothing from them. Someone will chime in and say why you should stay with the garretts. Heres a simple question do you want a machine that smokes the at series in performance and adjustability? If the answer is yes , then buy a deus. check the video out its for beginners or people looking to buy a new machine. ITS A 2 PART SERIES

Lol it was your very video that I saw on YouTube that made me ask the very question on this form. You have me changing my mind about the Max. I still have to watch part 2. I like Part 1 so much I'm considering the Dues. I'm just not much on reading manuals and stuff which is why I was asking about the learning curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go ahead Truth keep swapping detectors and you will always be in the learning stage instead of the Mastering stage. I had an XP Deus for almost a year, got it for a great deal and it had not hit on anything that my F75 wouldn't have hit on. From all my research the Deus might have 1/4 to 1/2 increased depth over the F75 in DE mode, which I can make up simply by switching to BP mode. If the F75 dies, I simply swap out the batteries. My coil does not need charged. If the Deus coil battery goes bad, how long are you down and at what cost? Good luck in what ever your choose. For myself I have come to the realization that I rather be great on one machine rather than so-so on many. I am awaiting the next Fisher flagship model if and when it ever comes out.

Loco thanks for always keeping me centered. Lol which coil do you use on yours? Loco you know where one of my main problem with my F75 is being confident about my ground balance. Most of the time a gram balances between 41 and 42 and that just seems very low to me and I haven't figured out how to manually ground balance. I'm out of the text with the ultimate coil and it just seems like no matter where I go it registers in the low 40s and I just seems kind of low to me.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco thanks for always keeping me centered. Lol which coil do you use on yours? Loco you know where one of my main problem with my F75 is being confident about my ground balance. Most of the time a gram balances between 41 and 42 and that just seems very low to me and I haven't figured out how to manually ground balance. I'm out of the text with the ultimate coil and it just seems like no matter where I go it registers in the low 40s and I just seems kind of low to me.

So when you get to a site, I hope you set your disc to zero and sweep the coil until you find a quiet patch of ground then ground grab. Here in my area, depending on the site, I GB between the high 60's through the mid 80's. If you watch any of the Deus video's you will see that the instructor does not even GB he runs it at the default of 90 and gets great results. I believe if I ran my F75 in all metal mode I'd still ground grab to see what the detector is telling me and then replicate it on the manual GB and set your threshold to your desired hum.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with my deus at the factory preset of 90 ground balance but if you want it to perform at its maximum it needs to ground balanced. One thing loco forgot to mention is the deus has 4 frequency changes to it 4 kh 7kh 11kh and 17 kh which makes it like 4 f75 s in one. You will find targets if you change frequency and go over sites multiple times. For me the audio of the t2 and f75 are the downfall for me its just plain out boring to me but others love it. I'm finding that the frequency changes say from 7 kh to 17 kh has a lot of potential to unlock targets that one frequency misses. So being able to change the frequencys is a BIG DEAL plus the addition of the new hf coils 14 kh 28 kh and 74 kh with the ellipitical so really makes it like 7 f75 s or single vlf machines in one detector. I will wage this the hf coil will hit gold that the f75 wont even make a peep on. BUT it all comes down to personal preference in this game. A s for the batteries I have a coil that I bought used and its 3 years old and its going strong , will cost 50 bucks for batteries but some have had them for 5 years on original batteries. How much has someone spent on aa batteries in five years?

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add this if your not gonna spend the time reading and watching videos to learn the deus and practicing with it, it wont payoff for you. Its not that hard but takes dedication to learn on the frontend its more complicated than the at series but the performance is better too.
Lol it was your very video that I saw on YouTube that made me ask the very question on this form. You have me changing my mind about the Max. I still have to watch part 2. I like Part 1 so much I'm considering the Dues. I'm just not much on reading manuals and stuff which is why I was asking about the learning curve.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will add this if your not gonna spend the time reading and watching videos to learn the deus and practicing with it, it wont payoff for you. Its not that hard but takes dedication to learn on the frontend its more complicated than the at series but the performance is better too.

Oh I'll learn from videos it's just manuals I have a problem with.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So when you get to a site, I hope you set your disc to zero and sweep the coil until you find a quiet patch of ground then ground grab. Here in my area, depending on the site, I GB between the high 60's through the mid 80's. If you watch any of the Deus video's you will see that the instructor does not even GB he runs it at the default of 90 and gets great results. I believe if I ran my F75 in all metal mode I'd still ground grab to see what the detector is telling me and then replicate it on the manual GB and set your threshold to your desired hum.

I do all of that it just says around 41-42 with my big coil even at different locations.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I didnt realize he was already swinging a f75 its a very capable detector even though I dont care for the tones of it. Your right about the mastering part no matter what you swing.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus. I have read a lot about them, and it would seem to be a most Excellent machine, and, I looked into the Noketa Impact as well, again, it would ALSO seem like a great machine to own. To be honest fella's, I'm at the point in life, that I do not want to "re-learn" detecting, it just seems to be a little over my head. Down loading apps. for new up dates etc. really is not for me. I just enjoy going out detecting, (an obsession for 30 years) with something I am familiar and good with. For the younger tech. savvy guys, I'd say go for it, you probably can't go wrong. I currently use a minelab Safari and the AT Pro. For me, I MAY buy the AT Max, only because I am familiar with the AT, and the Max has features I would like. The Deus?, sounds like a really great detector, but I have decided that for me, and again only for me, to continue to "Master" the two I use, rather than start over as a novice again.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus. I have read a lot about them, and it would seem to be a most Excellent machine, and, I looked into the Noketa Impact as well, again, it would ALSO seem like a great machine to own. To be honest fella's, I'm at the point in life, that I do not want to "re-learn" detecting, it just seems to be a little over my head. Down loading apps. for new up dates etc. really is not for me. I just enjoy going out detecting, (an obsession for 30 years) with something I am familiar and good with. For the younger tech. savvy guys, I'd say go for it, you probably can't go wrong. I currently use a minelab Safari and the AT Pro. For me, I MAY buy the AT Max, only because I am familiar with the AT, and the Max has features I would like. The Deus?, sounds like a really great detector, but I have decided that for me, and again only for me, to continue to "Master" the two I use, rather than start over as a novice again.
I am younger and I have only owned Garrett. Currently AT PRO. I have 2 coils 5x8 and the standard. I am a little turned off by the charging of coil of the Deus. My thinking was that if I was going to pay that much I would just bite the bullet and go with the Minelab 3030. I realize the Deus is better than the pro and should be for the increase in price....I have noticed how a lot of the videos compare the Deus and 3030 to the AT Pro....which is a huge cost difference....which scares me as well. (Meaning the Pro is probably a better value.) Which has now got me thinking maybe the Max is the best buy? Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went from ATP to Deus... three years ago. The first day was NOT good, but it got steadily better as I learned the machine. As with anything new, it takes some time, but it is not all that bad.

The benefits are well worth the investment. Ultralight, wireless, programmable and fast. I use the Deus exclusively and love it.

Holler if I can be of assistance, and good luck!

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pick up a deus and that right there could change your mind . The weight is nice . You will have to use it for a full season to learn the detector , one hundred hours or so . Just like when you bought your ATP . However you can use basic-1 and go or any of the preset programs. You do not have to update anything if you do not want to .

I have had it a week and have dug plenty of junk but I also have found some coins . I am taking a break for a few days as I am frustrated to say . I to went from a ATP to a deus . I am going to stick with it and learn the detector and it will take time .

I was positive you worked for deus CD . Now I think your part crazy .If you are married how does your wife live with you ?

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up a Deus and used it for a bit. Being a turn on an go type of person, the Deus offered too much for me. Definitely had its benefits in being light weight, wireless, very fast scan recovery etc; but, for me all of the options had me overthinking things. I found I was spending time switching between frequencies etc, to determine what was beneath the coil instead of just getting to work and digging the bugger out. Like sprailroad mentioned in his post I don't want to relearn anything and much prefer the simpler turn on and go that I get from other very capable machines. Also, even though the Deus has a water kit you can use for water detecting, I found myself better off with machines that are simple and can go where I'm looking to hunt that day without having to worry if I attached a kit properly etc. The Deus is definitely a nice machine, just not for someone like me. Just my opinion.

Happy Hunting,
TwoYewts

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a Deus and used it for a bit. Being a turn on an go type of person, the Deus offered too much for me. Definitely had its benefits in being light weight, wireless, very fast scan recovery etc; but, for me all of the options had me overthinking things. I found I was spending time switching between frequencies etc, to determine what was beneath the coil instead of just getting to work and digging the bugger out. Like sprailroad mentioned in his post I don't want to relearn anything and much prefer the simpler turn on and go that I get from other very capable machines. Also, even though the Deus has a water kit you can use for water detecting, I found myself better off with machines that are simple and can go where I'm looking to hunt that day without having to worry if I attached a kit properly etc. The Deus is definitely a nice machine, just not for someone like me. Just my opinion.

Happy Hunting,
TwoYewts
Ah! I'm not alone. TwoYewts, Very well said.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I prefer simple. Have a love hate relationship with my DFX. Took a good amount of time to learn it and its multitude of adjustments. In the end I only adjust the gain and sensitivity, filters, sweep and recovery speed at most. To get the maximum benefits is time consuming. You have to test your adjustments. In the end, how much are you really benefiting. For me not enough to warrant it. I know that their is a segment of hunters that love tweaking. My other detector is a Tesoro golden umax. Light, 4 tones and fun to use. Im planning on selling both these detectors after refurbishing by manufacturer. I plan on getting the Makro Racer 2 to replace them. Looked at the impact but don’t need the added weight or additional features. Takes time to learn what suites you, which usually involves going through a few detectors.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer simple. Have a love hate relationship with my DFX. Took a good amount of time to learn it and its multitude of adjustments. In the end I only adjust the gain and sensitivity, filters, sweep and recovery speed at most. To get the maximum benefits is time consuming. You have to test your adjustments. In the end, how much are you really benefiting. For me not enough to warrant it. I know that their is a segment of hunters that love tweaking. My other detector is a Tesoro golden umax. Light, 4 tones and fun to use. Im planning on selling both these detectors after refurbishing by manufacturer. I plan on getting the Makro Racer 2 to replace them. Looked at the impact but don’t need the added weight or additional features. Takes time to learn what suites you, which usually involves going through a few detectors.

Hey Escape well I pulled the trigger I preordered the AT Max. I'm gonna really concentrate mastering what I have, my F75 and upgrading on my ATP. Thanks everyone for always giving me sound advice.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Escape well I pulled the trigger I preordered the AT Max. I'm gonna really concentrate mastering what I have, my F75 and upgrading on my ATP. Thanks everyone for always giving me sound advice.

I like that idea....I might do the same. Good thread thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread