It can happen. It's still out there waiting to be rescued.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I'm new here, and don't know if I can for sure tell if the find is fake or true. I want to believe. but I also just read that there's rules on treasure net about claiming something is real or fake:

"1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find."

Is this a rule that is usually followed or no? I'm just trying to get a feel for the treasure net guidelines.

As far as I know, the person that posted it wasn't the person in the video.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new here, and don't know if I can for sure tell if the find is fake or true. I want to believe. but I also just read that there's rules on treasure net about claiming something is real or fake:

"1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find."

Is this a rule that is usually followed or no? I'm just trying to get a feel for the treasure net guidelines.
The key here is "another member". That said, I have no idea if the people in the video are members or not.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey here's something interesting. I found these at a old bottle dump and forgot to open it up. IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0858.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer, bet you were expecting a draped bust.[emoji30]

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is a youtube video, do you know something we don't about these guys memberships ?

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's new..asking about the rules, and....people are questioning on this forum if it's real. He asked very politely....why be snarky. This happens here a lot. Gotta say, it runs people off an otherwise great site.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! It doesn't matter! This started out as posting up observations and folks examining a video to see if it matches up with their experiences. All the rest of the member non member stuff doesn't matter. We ALL would hope it's a good find. I'd really like to hear other experts or with more experience than I chime in with their thoughts before things get too heated & the mods are forced to kill this. If it's bogus, it's a learning experience for everyone here. If it's not we all learn too and wish we could send him an atta boy.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's new..asking about the rules, and....people are questioning on this forum if it's real. He asked very politely....why be snarky. This happens here a lot. Gotta say, it runs people off an otherwise great site.

Xray must be in a crabby mood tonight

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. First assumption, the coin was buried over 100 years ago. Maybe, maybe not, but that is irrelevant. If its a truly found "treasure" it doesn't matter. Second assumption, you wouldn't find a 1830's coin in a 1940's jar. Well, what if it was buried two years ago? Or ten? I don't know if it's a real long time buried piece or not but the coin is nice.

Case in point: at least 25 years ago I was testing a new machine out. I planted a musket ball I had dug from the Brandywine Battlefield, a large cent and a genuine USA button in my "test garden" to test the depth capacity of my new machine with lead, copper and pewter. I had a spot that was producing Rev War pewter buttons and wanted to tweak the settings to find them in situ. Well, things didn't go as planned. The coin was recovered quickly. I had planted the test button and musket ball too deep and the machine could not find them. I had to dig a pretty big hole but did get both back and learned a lesson about test gardens. (My recent test garden was another flop: note to self: do not plant a test garden over a 19th century trash pit you didn't know was there.) Moral of the story is, what if I had NOT found them, and somebody came back to the property and found them? They would assume they were real (which they are), and there was Rev War activity on the property. The first assumption would have been correct, the second absolutely false. Just enjoy the videos, if you please.

Lots of youtube wannabe's out there. I have no idea if MOST of the videos are real or pretend. I doubt these guys put the coin there. The video has too many irregularities for a planted fake, so it's probably real.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Xray must be in a crabby mood tonight

What, you stalking me now or just looking to increase your post count with irrelevant chatter ?

If I hurt your feelings requesting descriptive posts titles, I'm weely weely sowwy.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What, you stalking me now or just looking to increase your post count with irrelevant chatter ?

If I hurt your feelings requesting descriptive posts titles, I'm weely weely sowwy.

Lighten up Francis lol

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I showed this video to my dog. He tapped his paw twice....fake

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would someone bury one coin? If you did, why not put the lid on to protect it? I've dug a lot of those milk glass jars and the lids hold up fairly well in the ground. There should have been a lid.

Why did he get excited when he saw the cloth in the jar? Doesn't make sense to me...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

as far as I'm aware this is not a Members Video.
And Truth1253 did not post it to out a member.

If he is a Member, And speaks up His word will Be as good as Gold.
and his Wishes on the thread granted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree & IF I catch a Member attacking a Members honesty
I step in. If a member feels like they are being accused of Lying they should contact a Moderator
and give us a chance before Quitting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would someone bury one coin? If you did, why not put the lid on to protect it? I've dug a lot of those milk glass jars and the lids hold up fairly well in the ground. There should have been a lid.

Why did he get excited when he saw the cloth in the jar? Doesn't make sense to me...

I would have gotten excited at the cloth.
though I already would have been by the signal from the Jar.
Of course I would have been excited by the Jar .
I like the White Milk glass Jars. usually Ponds Cold Creme when I dig 'em

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread