It can happen. It's still out there waiting to be rescued.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the White Milk glass Jars. usually Ponds Cold Creme when I dig 'em

All I ever find in them is disgusting globs of old cold cream!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone, and pretty obvious who, posted this on youtube:

"Heads up, the guys at Treasurenet.com are calling this a fraud. Lots of negative comments suggesting it was planted followed by theories on why it was fake. ( http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...happen-s-still-out-there-waiting-rescued.html ) I, along with a moderator defended the find. If you are a member of T-Net you might want to skip on over there and set some folks straight. Awesome find!"

To which the "OMG dude" replied he will be joining to defend his find - At which time the thread should be closed, as no one could doubt him once he joins, as per forum rules [which was likely the intent squealing on youtube]

Oh yeah, set us straight, right !
Then get a little vacation if you express any doubts. If you think a single mind will be changed with this little stunt you are obviously delusional.
Before this guy joins, I'll go on record as stating this is pure clickbait BS.
[And note, I'm not talking to anyone in particular, now am I ?]
Maybe the guy who posted that isn't even a member here, hmmm ???

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I'm sorry, but I won't be bullied into changing my opinion. Nor will I change my opinion under threats. The facts speak for themselves. If it looks like an orange, smells like an orange, tastes like an orange, and feels like an orange, right or wrong, expect me to call it such.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I give up, who might that actually be ?

I thought you were referring to me. I am a charter member. I don't know if the person I ratted you out to is a member. Several well known detectorists from YouTube are members here including Brad from The Hoover Boys.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typical YouTube detecting video. I can't even watch them anymore.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought you were referring to me. I am a charter member. I don't know if the person I ratted you out to is a member. Several well known detectorists from YouTube are members here including Brad from The Hoover Boys.

Ain't no thang, I'm sure we both have more important things to worry about.
His find is in the public domain and is subject to both kudos and criticism. I can't say 100% fraud, I'll leave it at that.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical YouTube detecting video. I can't even watch them anymore.
I love how the Dirt is packed like a rock on top but there is no dirt under the cloth or packed around the cloth. The dirt inside the cloth is a different color than the dirt in the ground and is loose and granular and not at all stuck to the coin. Or stuck to the cloth. People can say anything they want. Someone here mentioned an Orange? I say if it looks like and smells like poop Chances are very high that it is poop, you don't have to taste it to find out!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At one time that was a whole days pay. Still worth a $100. Too bad we will never know the story behind it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

As well as my boy Kurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread