It can happen. It's still out there waiting to be rescued.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not doubting that this is a real possibility....however I've never seen a coin that is sprayed with water bead up like this. Like instantly it starts beading up like a car would after having wax or a cleaner on it. Course I'm negative by nature so it is probably real and a awesome video.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not doubting that this is a real possibility....however I've never seen a coin that is sprayed with water bead up like this. Like instantly it starts beading up like a car would after having wax or a cleaner on it. Course I'm negative by nature so it is probably real and a awesome video.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

LMAO!!! Yeah and he was acting like his hand was shanking.....FRAUD!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be amazing. While I too can be a natural skeptic, I want to believe.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably wrapped in oil cloth - explains the water beading up.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO!!! Yeah and he was acting like his hand was shanking.....FRAUD!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's controlled emotions, right hand shaking like crazy and the left is steady like a rock, lol.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see nothing fake here. A shame some of you see fit to pick it apart.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looked real enough to me.

the appearance of Beading , may have been from what ever as in the spray.

My biggest problem was the patience at opening the cloth.

I would have turned the Jar upside down, Tapped it on the ground.
grabbed it out the cloth, Wiped the dirt of with My Thumb While saying WOW AWESOME !!!!!!

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
IMO Faker than fake. An 1830 coin in a 1930's jar in MINT CONDITION yet! Then when he pulls the cloth out, he doesn't look into the jar which tells me that he knew there was only one item in it. The video starts with the hole already open. There is an oil coating on the coin. After 85+ years the cloth would have been either deteriorated OR so hard it would be like stone. As well as other things I see.

This was buried recently either by them or someone else IN MY OPINION.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO Faker than fake. An 1830 coin in a 1930's jar in MINT CONDITION yet! Then when he pulls the cloth out, he doesn't look into the jar which tells me that he knew there was only one item in it. The video starts with the hole already open. There is an oil coating on the coin. After 85+ years the cloth would have been either deteriorated OR so hard it would be like stone. As well as other things I see.

This was buried recently either by them or someone else IN MY OPINION.
Yeah about the good cloth that didn't come out in crumbles when raked with a stick. Imho if someone treasured that coin so highly to bury/hide it years ago than why not seal it with the Zink lid that went with that jar that would have been so corroded to the jar to be a real s.o.b. to unscrew. Much more believable imo.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little hint about what its about would have been nice, don't like clicking random links

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You doubters crack me up. A real hoot at parties I'm sure. I'll be sure to let them know you think it's fake. Maybe they'll join this thread to set you straight.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You doubters crack me up. A real hoot at parties I'm sure. I'll be sure to let them know you think it's fake. Maybe they'll join this thread to set you straight.

Easy to imagine that scenario:

"Oh my god, dude ! You mean you think we didn't legit find this, dude ?? Are you kidding me, dude ? Oh my god, dude !"

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first impression= Gotta be true, it's on the internet.:laughing7:
My second impression= Phony as a 7 dollar bill. Kid should be Keel Hauled.:skullflag: Then tar and feathered.:censored:
Marvin

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd very much like to believe him! With that being said, I see things that just don't add up in my head....... 1. 1800s coin in a 1900s era jar. 2. The tree circumference appears around the size of my trees that are between 6 & 9 years old. The cloth just doesn't appear right. But that's just my experiences mostly doing building searches & finding tools etc. wrapped in "oil cloth" or old shop rags speaking. And then there's the points everyone has brought up. Near mint coin & the apparently oily surface. Just my thoughts from my experiences. Just for kicks try this! Take a jar, add some silty dirt like that. Fill the jar the rest of the way with water. Let it sit until the water evaporates and refill it again. Repeat three or four times. When it is completely dry try shaking & picking with a stick. Does it act the same? Bet it does! So the contents of that jar could've only been in the jar 2 - 3 weeks. These are my observations from my experiences, so I'd like to hear what others think. If you must, calling me an Alpha Henry will be permitted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in Most cases I can imagine the cloth being in much worse condition.
However there is a possibility the Jar changed that.

I do agree 20th Century Jar.

I also believe they said He found another 1830's coin there earlier ?
But didn't say What.
I'm guessing Large cent if True, because he acted like it wasn't silver like this one was.

I still believe it is possible.
as far as Condition. I didn't see any good picks.and unless worn smooth,
Large old Silver can look mint, when you first lay eyes on it.
But after calming down & closer inspection you usually spot the wear and marks.

Maybe wishful thinking, But I hope it was a Legit find.
it Gives us all Hope.

the way the dirt clung to the Milk Glass looked legit to me.
it's hard to get fresh dirt to stick to milk glass unless wet & Lumped.

what I find odd most. No Blue Lid.
since it wasn't empty, Why No Blue Lid ?

and he said he hoped there as a Coin in it.

"A Coin"

I would have hoped for a cache of coins.
Just saying :happysmiley:

Last edited:

aagricola

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm new here, and don't know if I can for sure tell if the find is fake or true. I want to believe. but I also just read that there's rules on treasure net about claiming something is real or fake:

"1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find."

Is this a rule that is usually followed or no? I'm just trying to get a feel for the treasure net guidelines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread