apparently all the guys and gals with big named machines have been ripped off

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
399 pounds is about 800 US dollars. Not a cheap machine by any means. You can get an American made model for less, with more features.

As for the depth and performance.... that remains to be seen. Everyone has their own thoughts on this.

I wouldn't sell my CZ to rush out and buy one.

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Actually, the price is 95 pounds, which is under $200. I don't think the depth and air test claims are that good at all. On full sensitivity I can detect that victorian penny at almost twice the depth with my Garrett 2500. I don't think that detector would outperform an ace 250 ony day of the week, and the quality and components don't look nearly as impressive as a Garrett. I would also worry about the ground balancing in highly mineralized areas. It looks like a $200 machine in my opinion...Ryan

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
Re: apparently all the guys and gals with big named machines have been ripped of

eh... 3 knob $200 detector from no name company. maybe built with chinese parts? i wouldnt bother.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I was talking about the retail price-

"BEST performing metal detector available for under £399." is in the wording below.

Gee, maybe there is a reason this £399 detector is being sold for £95? ;)

Me

Aug 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
strike it rich said:
while searching though ebay I came across this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:uk

your thoughts please

Don't waiste your time with these China town beepers. I have this machine in an earlier model and it's a piece of junk.

China steals our designs except they forget the quality part.

If you're looking for low price you're better off to buy an older U.S. made machine like a Compass or Nautilus. The Tesoros are always winners due to company service and they have always made top quality detectors.

Look for the popular U.S. made deep VLF's of the 80's and 90's because most detectors made today really aren't any better. Some are just as deep (or deeper) as SOME of the top sellers of today and can usually be bought for under $200.

The detector companies are ripping us big time.

Just my thoughts.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
It's a bunch of crack....let me take it to the beach for a day.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do some people have against others having the higher priced metal detectors? You get what you pay for in a lot of cases. Why do some insist on wasting their time with a detector that is low in price and cheaply made to boot?

If the advertised claims for more depth were true, why is it being sold so cheaply?

Me

Aug 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Sandman said:
What do some people have against others having the higher priced metal detectors? You get what you pay for in a lot of cases. Why do some insist on wasting their time with a detector that is low in price and cheaply made to boot?

If the advertised claims for more depth were true, why is it being sold so cheaply?

Very good points.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You could buy an ACE150 for about that and for a little more, an ACE250 and if you did happen to have issues, Garrett is close by to service your detector. Just a thought.

Smiles!
BDoo

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
MD 3030, made in CHINA, like most of the MD series. There are about three that have reasonable discrimination (Out of about 35 types), and reasonable quality (For £ 50.00 to £ 75.00 new). If they go over £ 75.00 new, then forget it. And all the others are junk (SEBEN are basically Chinese, assembled in Germany, but with Chinese quality).
The Magpie was reasonable, as was the Hartmann, and I think one of the others, probably the MD 3009. and that was it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions