EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta be honest, i'm only 30 and after two days of detecting for hours each time my knees hurt.

How many of you all wear them?

Every time I hunt! Always at least one on my right knee because thats the one I usually kneel on. The longer planned hunts I wear them on both knees because I will probably be switching back and forth. ACE hardware has some nice ones that arent very expensive. Hard front, padded back, elastic bands with clips

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't wear pads but if i ever did, I wear BDU pants when detecting...they have pockets for knee pads built in.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serious pads!
What is the hard shell made of?
and, What is the Brand of the pads?
thanks!

The company name is RollerBlade, Just do a Google search on RollerBlade Knee pads and the company will show up. Its a hard plastic? I don't know what type of plastic but the used pair I bought last over 2 years of heavy detecting, so I am good with that.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The company name is RollerBlade, Just do a Google search on RollerBlade Knee pads and the company will show up. Its a hard plastic? I don't know what type of plastic but the used pair I bought last over 2 years of heavy detecting, so I am good with that.

Right, and they would keep your jeans clean and dry - but they wouldn't meet my needs in detecting or caving. I'd settle for a rubber hard shell cap, that is stiff, yet giving slightly, making terrific traction on a smooth surface like ice...and makes a lava tube hands-and-knees crawl, fairly comfortable...! Protecting a good-sized area of the knee - they're SWAT team style - check out
Galls Gear Tactical Knee Pads
and another, almost same, but quality
Blackhawk Advanced Tactical Knee Pad V2 @ TacticalGear.com
this one has the rivets holding the hard-shell in place, that are better distributed, perhaps lasting longer, than the Galls set I use now.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right, and they would keep your jeans clean and dry - but they wouldn't meet my needs in detecting or caving. I'd settle for a rubber hard shell cap, that is stiff, yet giving slightly, making terrific traction on a smooth surface like ice...and makes a lava tube hands-and-knees crawl, fairly comfortable...! Protecting a good-sized area of the knee - they're SWAT team style - check out
Galls Gear Tactical Knee Pads
and another, almost same, but quality
Blackhawk Advanced Tactical Knee Pad V2 @ TacticalGear.com
this one has the rivets holding the hard-shell in place, that are better distributed, perhaps lasting longer, than the Galls set I use now.

I really like the Blackhawks they look solid and they are available in different colours. They don't have the weight per kneepad on the site. The rollerblades are fine for parks, fields and forests/farmland. I wouldn't suggest them for constant crawling through caves though. I don't do that. The one thing that is great about the Rollerblades is they only weigh 170 grams per pad just under 6 ounces so I don't feel like i have kneepads on even after an 8 hour hunt and they rarely slip down, might have to adjust them every 4 hours or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions