Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Im just interested to know

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Farr West, utah
    Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
    857 times
    Metal Detecting
    I always have them with me but rarely wear them. Depends on the conditions I am digging in I guess.
    Truth1253 likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + , That i'm gettin better with.
    2703 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Gloves
    Gloves for me it's the 'Shorts ' that I no longer wear detecting.
    Loco-Digger, Truth1253 and scruggs like this.
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + , That i'm gettin better with.
    2703 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I also wear gloves I don't like dirt on my hands but I was very curious how many didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In reality , i'd prefer no gloves , but I did Drywall Work so long I hate the Dry my hands get in the dirt, it's like fingers on a chalkboard.

I prefer to wear heavy duty rubber gloves that come in a pack at harbor freight , I still get good feel of touch with them & I can store my Minnie / Coins & other finds in them , 'In the extra or ripped ones. Most times ill wear one of this type & then one thicker type over that cause I dig with my hand mostly when close to a target , I hate to nick what i'm digging.

So usually after a few outings the Bird & Index finger will be worn through. Otherwise the glove is still good , lets say I have more left hand gloves than I do Right hand ones. lol

The rubber ones are better for short yard, park hunts , but their being 'Black' the Suck in the Sun "I can raise my hands above my head & sweat will run down my arms.
    Guess in the Winter the 'Heat attraction ' is a Good thing.

The types posted by LOCO are great to work with , & getting the right size is very important.
    My 11 cent, on this.
    Loco-Digger and Truth1253 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    CTX 3030 (April 2017) AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Stealth 720i (BNIB) Home made beach scoop
    631 times
    I wear gloves for the same reasons plumbers don't lick their tools.........you never know what sort of "crap" you will be digging in.

Besides that I am usually out for hours and hours on end, so when I stop to eat something out of my backpack I'm not tasting the dirt too.

To each their own I guess.
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

Dec 2013
    North Carolina
    Garrett AT Pro & XP Deus
    844 times
    I always wear gloves. Once I had a sharp piece of metal cut through the tip of my glove. If I hadn't had gloves on, it would have been a nasty cut. I used to use mechanix type gloves but they didn't last as long as I would have liked. I started using these early this year and I really like them. They're cut resistant and aren't very expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Truth1253, sprailroad and scruggs like this.
    2017 Totals

(4) Silver Washington Quarter
    (1) Silver 1949 Tiawan something
    (6) Silver Rosies
    (4) Mercury Dimes
    (1) Barber Dime
    (1) Silver War Nickel

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Deus XP, AT Pro, F75SE, Ace 400
    1841 times
    Metal Detecting
    Usually, glove not gloves.
    I tend to dig with my right hand and scoop with the left, so the left gets protected right doesn't need it unless its cold.
    Truth1253 likes this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1781 times
    Spent your good money on a good pair of gloves.
    Truth1253 and Obsessive like this.

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    AT PRO Fisher F75 LTD
    3690 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    Spent your good money on a good pair of gloves.
    Thanks for being honest Samuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Aug 2007
    Upstate NY
    White's XLT / White's V3i / XP Deus
    494 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Gloves all day every day

Sent from my SM-G935V using TreasureNet.com mobile app
    Truth1253 and scruggs like this.

us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus
    345 times
    Yes, gloves. For all the reasons listed. The ones blade runner posted look pretty great, may try those next.

Ive been using these and they've have been a good sense of touch and protection. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AO...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hunt a lot of parks. Our parks attract a lot of geese. Geese leave a lot of poo.
    Last edited by Obsessive; Sep 03, 2017 at 02:10 AM.
    Loco-Digger, Truth1253 and scruggs like this.

us
    Gregg

Jul 2015
    Southern NJ
    Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
    172 times
    I haven't worn gloves at my job, though I should as I get pretty dirty and my hands look like calloused bear paws kind of and are rough as sandpaper. Of course, if you got a girl you better wear gloves or you'll be relegated to the no fly zone.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    1021 times
    Glove on my left hand only. My right hand holds onto the detector. Left hand does all the digging. I don't want any dirt on my detector.
    Truth1253 likes this.

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Minelabs/Garretts
    888 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobound View Post
    I wear gloves for the same reasons plumbers don't lick their tools.........you never know what sort of "crap" you will be digging in.

Besides that I am usually out for hours and hours on end, so when I stop to eat something out of my backpack I'm not tasting the dirt too.

To each their own I guess.
    Agree. I ONLY started wearing gloves less than two years ago, out of 25+ years of detecting. They are now simply part of my gear, just like a pinpointer, extra batterys etc.
    Truth1253 and Geobound like this.

ca
    Louis Riel was a HERO.... not a traitor!

Jul 2012
    In da bush
    Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
    1514 times
    Living for the hunt!
    Never liked gloves and only wear them on rare occasions. Used to dig bottle dumps with my bear hands as a kid and my mom would dress all my cuts when I got home.
    Many years of not using gloves have given me hard callouses that are better than gold! Starting to get them on my feet and can walk across gravel barefoot without flinching.
    The only times I have to put on a glove is when I've split a nail on my digging hand. Ouch!
    Of course when it's freezing cold, gloves are a necessity.
    ecmo and Truth1253 like this.
    A metal detector can only do so much..........
    It's up to you to do the rest!

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Minelabs/Garretts
    888 times
    Wearing gloves now have nothing to do with having calloused hands or not, wearing leather gloves on the job I had, my hands were full of callouses. It has more to do with pokes and cuts on a rare occasion, with whatever comes with it, along with just what am? I eating, not that I've ever been that particular, I mean I've eaten hotdogs roasted over a hot creosote fire from pieces of old RR Ties, and I'm not dead yet. Gloves are by choice of course, there is no right or wrong in it, it's just a matter of what works best for you. Jeepers fella's, some guys don't even use pinpointers!
    Last edited by sprailroad; Sep 04, 2017 at 04:48 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links