SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glove on my left hand only. My right hand holds onto the detector. Left hand does all the digging. I don't want any dirt on my detector.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear gloves for the same reasons plumbers don't lick their tools.........you never know what sort of "crap" you will be digging in.

Besides that I am usually out for hours and hours on end, so when I stop to eat something out of my backpack I'm not tasting the dirt too.

To each their own I guess.
Agree. I ONLY started wearing gloves less than two years ago, out of 25+ years of detecting. They are now simply part of my gear, just like a pinpointer, extra batterys etc.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never liked gloves and only wear them on rare occasions. Used to dig bottle dumps with my bear hands as a kid and my mom would dress all my cuts when I got home.
Many years of not using gloves have given me hard callouses that are better than gold! Starting to get them on my feet and can walk across gravel barefoot without flinching.
The only times I have to put on a glove is when I've split a nail on my digging hand. Ouch!
Of course when it's freezing cold, gloves are a necessity.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wearing gloves now have nothing to do with having calloused hands or not, wearing leather gloves on the job I had, my hands were full of callouses. It has more to do with pokes and cuts on a rare occasion, with whatever comes with it, along with just what am? I eating, not that I've ever been that particular, I mean I've eaten hotdogs roasted over a hot creosote fire from pieces of old RR Ties, and I'm not dead yet. Gloves are by choice of course, there is no right or wrong in it, it's just a matter of what works best for you. Jeepers fella's, some guys don't even use pinpointers!

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use gloves at the beach (unless I'm wet suited up for the cold surf), but, I use them dirt digging. I like the Husky ones I get from Home Depot. They just fit me and feel good.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wise woman once told me..."No glove no love" Im not sure what she meant by that but, i took it to heart and always use one when swinging my thing.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whether I'm committing a crime or digging in the dirt, I always wear gloves. :laughing7:

What are these crimes of which you speak? Im intrigued....
Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its hunting without permission then Im also a criminal...

Chub

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gloves ......heavy leather gloves. if you cut or stab your hands it will slow your recovery time down . nail fungus under your nails ain't fun either ..don't ask me how i know.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gloves, a must. I use cut resistant gloves from where I work. I hunt a lot of public parks and I can't tell you how many times I have dug a plug and came across broken glass; heck, even can slaw will cut you if you aren't wearing gloves. The universe is trying to kill us eveyday, why help it?

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't wear gloves, but after reading the posts, I think I'm gonna start

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are these crimes of which you speak? Im intrigued....
Chub

It would defeat the purpose of wearing gloves if I were to tell you about my crimes. :tongue3: :laughing7:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No gloves. First, I have rather large hands and it is difficult to find a good pair that fit. Second, when I have worn gloves, I found the amount of energy expended to hold onto soil and stuff is multiplied, causing more fatigue. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread