Looking for new detector advice.

Detectorist143

Jul 10, 2017
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics patriot, Tesoro silver Umax and a BH 101 Hey Who was laughing? With 8" & 10" coils..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

I am about to buy a new detector. I am upgrading from a BH 101. Ya I said a Bounty Hunter 101.

Yes yes I know anything is an upgrade from that, So I did more than my fair share of lurking and researching different models.

I came to the the conclusion that the Technetics Patriot would be my best choice.

M hunting style is mainly over dry dirt. I really do not go out in the rain, but would not mind.
I hunt really old locations in my area trashy and deep. Even wooded area's.

I also do go the NC beaches couple time a year. All sand beach hunting.

So the water proofing of the Garret AT pro "my other choice" really did not come into play.

I would like to know the different methods people have tried water proofing the patriot?

I will be buying a screen cover and coil cover.

Also looking for advice on where to purchase the new detector.

Any other advice also would be really appreciated.

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have been using the same one, an F70, for over 3 seasons.
My jaw dropped on my first hunt when I found tiny silver, on my 4th hunt I found one of the biggest gold rings in my collection, and went on to add so much treasure to my collection I was shocked...still am.
Mine I got cheap for $400 but it was never used...I paid for the thing within my first few months using it.
It can find most everything at factory settings but learn to tweak it and take advantage of all the possible settings, especially in the most challenging sites, the sky is the limit.
I have not come across any site with any conditions that it has not been able to conquer.
Coins, jewelry, relics and at depths you might not think is possible.
A much bigger world to search with this one than you are used to and it is filled with treasure.

Lots of help learning it here and on most forums, not a ton with the Patriot but there are a few, there are many more if you search for F70 threads as it is the same exact detector but has been around years longer.

Some sponsors here have them...this is a great guy I have dealt with in the past.
https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/teknetics-patriot-metal-detector

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a guy who happens to have a like new Patriot at an awesome price right now. I already PM'ed you his info. If you didn't get his info, let me know.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a new never used Patriot for sale for 319. Shipped, insured. Has almost a 5 year warranty left.
I marked it as sold in the classifieds but it didn't happen so it's on the market right now.
Reason for sale is I want to buy an XP Deus 9" HF Round Coil.
The Patriot is an incredible detector with zero issues.
PM me if interested. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread