I Thought I'd Share A Tip That Works For Me...

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't seen this posted but wanted to share this. It works.

I Do Search And Rescue And
I Am A Hunter, Not For Trophy Or Sport. I Believe That If You Shoot Any Animal, From A Bird To A Bear You Should Make Every Effort To Recover It. I Can't Stand The Thought Of A Wounded And Suffering Animal. Fortunately I've Never Had That Happen To Me, I've Been Blessed To Have Clean Kills. However, I Know That At Any Time Something Could Change That. Knowing This, When Technology Developed To Afford Me An Edge In Recovery If Needed, I Jumped On It.

There is a product called GAME FINDER What It does is seek out heat for a Very Long Distance. It Also Picks Up Miniscule Heat From Humans And Animals For 3-5 Days After Death. It's Hand Held. You Scan It Back And Forth Like A MD. Doesn't Have To Be A Wide Or Narrow Arc...Just What You Want To Do. It will alert you when heat is picked up, you walk to the source of the heat and basically Pin Point it. If you lay your hand on a counter top, table or desk etc. you can scan the area and 5-8 minutes later, the heat left from your hand will alert. It's a Great Product!!
(I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THIS PRODUCT EXCEPT AS A CONSUMER)

I came in from a Spring Turkey Hunt around 1997 and after cleaning my bird and showering I put my rings back on. It was a Very Sunny Day. Family and Friends were coming over and we were talking and Guy had shot a Jake but he took off and he couldn't find it. I said let's go and grabbed my Game Finder. We located the bird 20yrds out from where we parked the ATV's in less than 5 minutes...Dead. Over an hour had passed since he shot it.

We came back to the house and everyone was talking about how great that was to have. I took a sip of my drink and saw my Rings. I wondered how the Game Finder would work on jewelry. I took my Rings Off. I put them in different parts of the Yard and Rock Driveway along with someone's bracelet and watch. Again it was mid-day, Sunshine and Pretty Warm. I scanned the yard and drive and IT HIT! I was excited wondering how long that they would keep being picked up on the GF. I Checked Every Hour. Still Kept Hitting. The last time I checked was two hours after Dark. They still were hitting Hot! It was time for bed so I used the GF, no flashlight and went right to everything! I have Metal Relics and a Sun Bleached Steer Skull just as Rustic Decor at the Farm so I swung the GF along the whole yard. It picked up all of what I had out and also things that I didn't know were there...coins, screws, nails, pull tabs etc. I Was Beyond Happy. Now, these things were Not Deep but the small stuff that was in the ground and had been walked on and the yard mowed often on a riding mower for years. The Sun had heated the metal and the GF sensed those heat sources from the grass, rock and dirt.

For Detecting on the Down Low: Use the GF AFTER the sun has been up for awhile, enough to warm anything. Any metal will heat up Hotter and alert to the area that's hotter than, grass,sand,dirt,rock,concrete etc! I've used it at ponds, creeks and lakes too. It even picks up hooks from lost lures and lead sinkers! Walk the parks, ball fields, beaches, open city amphitheaters, anywhere there's been activity...heck take your dog for a walk during the day or evening and scan while walking. I take it with me all the time. It does come with a case to wear on your belt and is battery operated. I've Never Found Anything That Was Farther Than 2" Down In The Ground. If there is not a lot of shade around it will heat any metal that you can't see. It will pick up Game Cams All Night Long and Also Electric Fencing.

I've learned a lot from you guys so I wanted to give back on this awesome thing that came about purely by accident. Had Guy Found His Jake, I Honestly Don't Know If I Would Of Thought Of It!
It's A Multi-Tool!!

If you have one use it....if you don't, search CL, Amazon, FB for sale. FACT: Bass Pro Shops puts a Few of almost all of the items that are in the Main Store in their Discount Store. I've heard Cabellas does this too in the Cave but I'm a BPS Fan so I don't know First Hand if this is true.

I Hope This Helps. HH
Kace

Upvote 0

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a neat gadget to have in the arsenal. Going to look it up.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very very interesting idea. Though being two inches only, I'm betting my detector is a more reliable bet for treasure. I am very interested for deer hunting though, had never heard of one of these. Tried to help my neighbor track his deer a few years back. We Tracked for 3 or 4 miles before we lost the trail at dark. Then came back the next day and tried to retrack, but lost the trail in the same spot as the night before. Its a terrible feeling to loose an animal like that.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A game finder that finds Pull tabs and nails is just like the metal detector that finds trash! Oh darn not my bird, just another bling blanked pull tab! Sound familiar :)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip! Sounds like this would be great to use for building searches. I've used blacklights over the years with great results. This sounds like it'd work as good if not better! You mentioned being involved in SAR. Have you used this in buildings etc? Again thanks for the tip!

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
A game finder that finds Pull tabs and nails is just like the metal detector that finds trash! Oh darn not my bird, just another bling blanked pull tab! Sound familiar :)

I Maybe Should of Made Myself Clearer....I Am In No Way Saying a Game Finder Is A Replacement or Substitute For A Metal Detector. It's NOT Going To Discriminate...Its NOT Going To Get A Deep Target. It's For Anything Metal That Is On Top Of, Or Very Close To The Surface. It Detects HEAT ONLY. If someone drops a cartridge,clip,glasses etc while Hunting, key(s) jewelry or coin(s) for instance and they have Not Been Sodded Over or the area has Not been filled GF Will Pick Up The Heat IF The Item is Exposed To the SUN. Same For Metal Relics At Places IF They Haven't Sunk. You Don't Have To DIG! This saves you from just walking around looking down if you don't have your MD with you. It Picks Up At Long Distances. As long as there is Sun To Heat it...It works. People find Clad, Jewelry, Good Coins All the time on top of the ground in grass or brush MDing. So what if it's just a Pull Tab....pick it up and throw it away, you've expended No Energy except bending down. Could be a SLQ Or A Big Chunky Gold Ring.....Ya Never Know!

Myself, If I'm Not wanting to attract attention, taking Rocco for a walk or don't have my Detector with me I scan around and If it Picks Up A Heat Source, I Use A 6" Plastic Scraper, My Shoe or A Stick to push the Grass, Dirt, Sand or Rock Away to see what it is....You Don't Have To Dig. Nobody pays Any Attention, It looks like I Dropped Something. I also Don't wanna get Poked by a Needle or Cut by Anything. Unless, You Are In A Private Area...Don't Stick Your Arm Straight Out In Front Of You and Start Sweeping Back and Forth...You Don't Have To.

The GAME FINDER FOR METAL IS GREAT FOR:
Going to a Town Festival, Rodeo, Concert, Swimming Pool locale, including parking areas in the evening after everyone has left. I've only Used It On Metal Two Hours After Dark so I Don't know how long it would really work after that. Metal will get colder as the temperature drops.
Finding Any Metal Tool you accidentally left outside that's been Heated By The Sun.
Finding Glasses, Keys, Jewelry or Coins that have been dropped and Heated By The Sun
Locating Nails, Screws, Stakes etc That Have Been Heated By The Sun

ANYTHING METAL THAT IS HEATED BY THE SUN. BARE BONES ON TOP OF THE GROUND THAT ARE EXPOSED TO SUN ALSO ALERT AS A HEAT SOURCE.

I'm sorry if my post came across suggesting that a Game Finder was a substitute for a MD. ITS NOT. IT ONLY ALERTS TO A HEAT SOURCE. Metal Retains Heat Longer Than Grass, Dirt, Sand and Gravel.

HH
Kace

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very very interesting idea. Though being two inches only, I'm betting my detector is a more reliable bet for treasure. I am very interested for deer hunting though, had never heard of one of these. Tried to help my neighbor track his deer a few years back. We Tracked for 3 or 4 miles before we lost the trail at dark. Then came back the next day and tried to retrack, but lost the trail in the same spot as the night before. Its a terrible feeling to loose an animal like that.

You are right TP. The Game Finder is Not A Substitute For A Metal Detector. It Only Picks Up A Heat Source.
I applaud you for spending so much time tracking that deer! They can run a mile or more after being shot. After word got out where I hunt that I had the Game Finder, I've helped or loaned it to a lot of hunters that couldn't locate their deer.
"Usually" Deer or any animal that's been hit head for a water source to lay down, but there can be many small creeks between the last sighting and where they decide to lay down. Before I got the GF, if someone shot a deer and couldn't find it after looking, we would wait for dusk and go back to the sight of the hit with the Old White Gas Coleman Lanterns and pick up the blood trail. For some reason the lanterns made the blood kind of glow where flashlights or searchlights did not. I Don't Know Why That Worked But It Did. If Anyone Hunts I Highly Recommend The GF. I've found many Deer and other animals that have been hit and never located. SAD! I don't know if there are Big Cats or Bear where you hunt, but you can even scan the trees with the GF. It picks up anything from Squirrels, Owls, Cats, Turkey and Bear in the trees at night or during the day. Trespassers Too!! HAHA! As a Hunter I'm sure at some point someone you know either lost or left a knife or piece of equipment while hunting. If the Sun can get to it and you don't have a MD with you the GF will Alert To The Heat. I've even found a range finder for a Bow Hunter Friend who dropped it after a morning hunt. We went out in the evening After It Being in the Sun All Day and the GF alerted to a Heat Source...Bingo There it Was.

HH
Kace

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the tip! Sounds like this would be great to use for building searches. I've used blacklights over the years with great results. This sounds like it'd work as good if not better! You mentioned being involved in SAR. Have you used this in buildings etc? Again thanks for the tip!

Hi Boogeyman, Yes I have used it in buildings for SAR and it Locates Any Live Person Or Animal. It will locate a Deceased person or animal for 3-5 days too. I Know That First Hand...I've been told it will pick up longer depending on ambient temperature, elements etc. Inside, it does really show its abilities. Like I mentioned you can lay your hand on a counter, table, desk...even a lighter or something you have gripped and it still picks up the heat from your body up to 8 minutes after you moved your hand away. If you want to be your neighborhood's best friend...Dogs, Cats, Ferrets etc that ran away and are up a tree, under a deck or piece of furniture, in a basement, down a cellar etc... kids that are hiding to be funny playing hide and seek are Easily Located.

As a tool for SAR it's Great For Boots on the Ground in fields, timber around ponds or lakes. That's For Human And Animals. I use a Black Light or UV too. They both are good but the GF has a much longer range for locating Heat. UV is better for blood trails and bodily fluids. As small as they are I carry both for SAR on Animils and People. In a building or home for instance, IF the Power Is On...Flip the Main Breaker Off. Wait a few minutes before using the GF and start your search. It gives appliances and cords time to cool and makes your search easier. If the place has a mouse, you will know it!! HA!

Hope This Helps!
Kace

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boogeyman, Yes I have used it in buildings for SAR and it Locates Any Live Person Or Animal. It will locate a Deceased person or animal for 3-5 days too. I Know That First Hand...I've been told it will pick up longer depending on ambient temperature, elements etc. Inside, it does really show its abilities. Like I mentioned you can lay your hand on a counter, table, desk...even a lighter or something you have gripped and it still picks up the heat from your body up to 8 minutes after you moved your hand away. If you want to be your neighborhood's best friend...Dogs, Cats, Ferrets etc that ran away and are up a tree, under a deck or piece of furniture, in a basement, down a cellar etc... kids that are hiding to be funny playing hide and seek are Easily Located.

As a tool for SAR it's Great For Boots on the Ground in fields, timber around ponds or lakes. That's For Human And Animals. I use a Black Light or UV too. They both are good but the GF has a much longer range for locating Heat. UV is better for blood trails and bodily fluids. As small as they are I carry both for SAR on Animils and People. In a building or home for instance, IF the Power Is On...Flip the Main Breaker Off. Wait a few minutes before using the GF and start your search. It gives appliances and cords time to cool and makes your search easier. If the place has a mouse, you will know it!! HA!

Hope This Helps!
Kace
Yeah it does! My primary use for UV is to locate patches in walls aka wall pendants. The patches will show up under at least five layers of wall paper. It'll show a lot of times where pieces have been repaired & puttied. A detector won't hit on paper money or docs. Remember that next time you're out Looking for DBs & a cash bonus! Sounds a lot better way than an ir camera that plugs into your cell phone. Won't fit mine with the rubber case on it. The questions on the website never get an answer & the sporting goods stores I've been to that carry them don't have anyone that has used them so they can't give you any good info. This sounds like the way to go! I'm kind of partial to stand alone devices. Thanks for the reply you answered just about everything! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah it does! My primary use for UV is to locate patches in walls aka wall pendants. The patches will show up under at least five layers of wall paper. It'll show a lot of times where pieces have been repaired & puttied. A detector won't hit on paper money or docs. Remember that next time you're out Looking for DBs & a cash bonus! Sounds a lot better way than an ir camera that plugs into your cell phone. Won't fit mine with the rubber case on it. The questions on the website never get an answer & the sporting goods stores I've been to that carry them don't have anyone that has used them so they can't give you any good info. This sounds like the way to go! I'm kind of partial to stand alone devices. Thanks for the reply you answered just about everything! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

You Are Welcome Boogey! THANK YOU For The Tip On Another Use For My UV! I'll definitely be using that Great Piece Of Info! Websites and even the customer service at some companies is Far From Informative! Sometimes you can even hear CS Reps either clicking on the computer or turning pages looking for an answer to your question!! That's what I like about Tnet..Most members are really quick and freely help with advice and First Hand opinions and experiences with things. Again, Thanks for the UV tip! I'll let you know how it goes!

HH
Kace

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting. Will it penetrate 2 or 3 inches of dirt? If not, it's a mute point. Still, worth investigating. Tnx. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting. Will it penetrate 2 or 3 inches of dirt? If not, it's a mute point. Still, worth investigating. Tnx. ╦╦Ç

First..THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

As far as Dirt, if it's VERY LOOSE SOIL, like Sand Loose or a Baseball Infield Type, Yes. Hard Packed and Buried, NO. I have found coins and jewery, One Small Pocketknife, One Metal and Turquoise Belt Buckle in LOOSE Dirt like that and One Old Metal WindProof Trench Lighter Of WWll era. The Metal Item Has To Be Able To Get Heat Fom The Sun. If you covered it with a cotton shirt or several sheets of newspaper...In The Sun...It Will Pick It Up. This is Not A Metal Detector...It Reacts To Heat Only... Body Heat, Metal Heating From The Sun. Metal absorbs and retains Heat longer than grass,dirt or rock. Think of a Chrome Car Bumper Under a Car Cover....In The Sun...It Still Gets Hot. GF Picks Up The Heat Source Of Any Metal and Any Living Person Or Animal... Body Heat...3-5 Days After Death, Maybe A Little More...I Don't Know That First Hand. Here is a gruesome example...Say A Person Died a Year Ago from whatever reason in an area where there was SUN...THEY WERE NOT BURIED, They Decomposed. IF THEY WERE WEARING A RING,WATCH, BRACELET,METAL RIMMED GLASSES...EVEN GOLD OR SILVER FILLINGS IN THEIR TEETH...THAT WERE HEATED BY THE SUN...THEY WILL BE FOUND WITH A GF.
Another Example: IF you have a Cow that has a METAL Ear Tag or Bell....Your Cow doesn't come home for 7-10 days, The Cow Died But Not Fully Decomposed Where It's Bare Bones, And Body Heat Is Long Gone. IF THAT METAL EAR TAG or Bell IS EXPOSED TO THE SUN, THE GF WILL ALERT ON IT.

ONE Time while Deer Hunting, Second Week of the Season I was walking to my spot and looked down from a small ridge line and a flash of white caught my eye at the bottom of the ridge. There was a very small stream at the bottom. It Was A Sunny Day. I walked down the hill and really couldn't make out what it was I Scanned With the GF while walking down. It just was a Very Small Alert...kept walking towards it, the Alert Got A Little Bit Higher...It was a 6 point Buck, Facing Away From Me. The White I Saw Was His Tail. He was Laying on his Right Side. He had Been Shot in the Rear End By A Rifle. To Myself I was cursing whoever shot him and didn't bother to find him. I scanned his body for heat...It picked Up NO BODY HEAT, But on His Left Flank I Saw An Old Wound/Healed Scar. Every Time I Scanned That Area With The GF It Alerted.. It Wasn't A Fresh Wound, Skin/Hide Had Healed Over It. I Took My Knife Out After Feeling A Small, Just A Bit Bigger Than A Pencil Eraser Bump. I Cut An X Incision Over The Top Of The Bump...It Was An ALUMINUM Arrow Shaft With The Broad Head Still Embedded In His Flank! The GF PICKED THAT UP....NOT ANY HEAT FROM HIS BODY OR ANY LEAD FROM THE RIFLE SLUG! I stood up and looked around and down that draw a bit was Another Buck, Smaller, Younger Forked 4 Point. I Scanned That Way With the GF...Absolutely NOTHING. This is Just My Theory.. Some Idiot With A Rifle Shot The Second Buck I Found And It Took Off...The First Buck I Found That The GF Alerted On, Took Off Too...The Idiot Shot IT In The Butt As It Ran Away. Whoever It Was Didn't Bother To Look For Either Deer...PATHETIC AND SAD!

SO...It Proved: BOTH DEER Had Been Dead Too Long To Pick Up Body Heat From The GF.
It Proved That Even Though The Hide Had Healed Over The Old Broadhead Wound, GF Picked Up The Arrow Shaft. My Opinion Only Is That GF Picked Up The Shaft, Not The Broadhead Because IT Was Embedded In His Flank and He Was Stone Cold. The Sun Heated The Small Shaft Covered By His Hide While He Laid Flat On The Ground For A Period Of Time In The Sun THAT DAY. Like I Said, It Didn't Alert The Rifle Slugs On Either Deer As They Were Still In Their Intestines.

Hope This Helps Terry and Thanks Again!
Kace

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great tip. I have bookmarked it for when I have some X-tra cash.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

As far as Dirt, if it's VERY LOOSE SOIL, like Sand Loose or a Baseball Infield Type, Yes. Hard Packed and Buried, NO. I have found coins and jewery, One Small Pocketknife, One Metal and Turquoise Belt Buckle in LOOSE Dirt like that and One Old Metal WindProof Trench Lighter Of WWll era. The Metal Item Has To Be Able To Get Heat Fom The Sun. If you covered it with a cotton shirt or several sheets of newspaper...In The Sun...It Will Pick It Up. This is Not A Metal Detector...It Reacts To Heat Only... Body Heat, Metal Heating From The Sun. Metal absorbs and retains Heat longer than grass,dirt or rock. Think of a Chrome Car Bumper Under a Car Cover....In The Sun...It Still Gets Hot. GF Picks Up The Heat Source Of Any Metal and Any Living Person Or Animal... Body Heat...3-5 Days After Death, Maybe A Little More...I Don't Know That First Hand. Here is a gruesome example...Say A Person Died a Year Ago from whatever reason in an area where there was SUN...THEY WERE NOT BURIED, They Decomposed. IF THEY WERE WEARING A RING,WATCH, BRACELET,METAL RIMMED GLASSES...EVEN GOLD OR SILVER FILLINGS IN THEIR TEETH...THAT WERE HEATED BY THE SUN...THEY WILL BE FOUND WITH A GF.
Another Example: IF you have a Cow that has a METAL Ear Tag or Bell....Your Cow doesn't come home for 7-10 days, The Cow Died But Not Fully Decomposed Where It's Bare Bones, And Body Heat Is Long Gone. IF THAT METAL EAR TAG or Bell IS EXPOSED TO THE SUN, THE GF WILL ALERT ON IT.

ONE Time while Deer Hunting, Second Week of the Season I was walking to my spot and looked down from a small ridge line and a flash of white caught my eye at the bottom of the ridge. There was a very small stream at the bottom. It Was A Sunny Day. I walked down the hill and really couldn't make out what it was I Scanned With the GF while walking down. It just was a Very Small Alert...kept walking towards it, the Alert Got A Little Bit Higher...It was a 6 point Buck, Facing Away From Me. The White I Saw Was His Tail. He was Laying on his Right Side. He had Been Shot in the Rear End By A Rifle. To Myself I was cursing whoever shot him and didn't bother to find him. I scanned his body for heat...It picked Up NO BODY HEAT, But on His Left Flank I Saw An Old Wound/Healed Scar. Every Time I Scanned That Area With The GF It Alerted.. It Wasn't A Fresh Wound, Skin/Hide Had Healed Over It. I Took My Knife Out After Feeling A Small, Just A Bit Bigger Than A Pencil Eraser Bump. I Cut An X Incision Over The Top Of The Bump...It Was An ALUMINUM Arrow Shaft With The Broad Head Still Embedded In His Flank! The GF PICKED THAT UP....NOT ANY HEAT FROM HIS BODY OR ANY LEAD FROM THE RIFLE SLUG! I stood up and looked around and down that draw a bit was Another Buck, Smaller, Younger Forked 4 Point. I Scanned That Way With the GF...Absolutely NOTHING. This is Just My Theory.. Some Idiot With A Rifle Shot The Second Buck I Found And It Took Off...The First Buck I Found That The GF Alerted On, Took Off Too...The Idiot Shot IT In The Butt As It Ran Away. Whoever It Was Didn't Bother To Look For Either Deer...PATHETIC AND SAD!

SO...It Proved: BOTH DEER Had Been Dead Too Long To Pick Up Body Heat From The GF.
It Proved That Even Though The Hide Had Healed Over The Old Broadhead Wound, GF Picked Up The Arrow Shaft. My Opinion Only Is That GF Picked Up The Shaft, Not The Broadhead Because IT Was Embedded In His Flank and He Was Stone Cold. The Sun Heated The Small Shaft Covered By His Hide While He Laid Flat On The Ground For A Period Of Time In The Sun THAT DAY. Like I Said, It Didn't Alert The Rifle Slugs On Either Deer As They Were Still In Their Intestines.

Kace
Tnx much, Cace! I will definitely look into one. Even if just to discourage visiting bears at night. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kace
(Sorry........ tnx for the tnx) ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kace, I looked at several models of GFs. Some priced up into the thousands. Can you (have you) named the exact model you have? You have me hooked! I want to buy one but want to buy your model. Can you tell me (us) ? ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread