Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I Thought Id Share A Tip That Works For Me...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Murphys, CA
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Garrett Pinpointer
    3542 times
    Coin shooting, Nugget shooting, Relic hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    First..THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

As far as Dirt, if it's VERY LOOSE SOIL, like Sand Loose or a Baseball Infield Type, Yes. Hard Packed and Buried, NO. I have found coins and jewery, One Small Pocketknife, One Metal and Turquoise Belt Buckle in LOOSE Dirt like that and One Old Metal WindProof Trench Lighter Of WWll era. The Metal Item Has To Be Able To Get Heat Fom The Sun. If you covered it with a cotton shirt or several sheets of newspaper...In The Sun...It Will Pick It Up. This is Not A Metal Detector...It Reacts To Heat Only... Body Heat, Metal Heating From The Sun. Metal absorbs and retains Heat longer than grass,dirt or rock. Think of a Chrome Car Bumper Under a Car Cover....In The Sun...It Still Gets Hot. GF Picks Up The Heat Source Of Any Metal and Any Living Person Or Animal... Body Heat...3-5 Days After Death, Maybe A Little More...I Don't Know That First Hand. Here is a gruesome example...Say A Person Died a Year Ago from whatever reason in an area where there was SUN...THEY WERE NOT BURIED, They Decomposed. IF THEY WERE WEARING A RING,WATCH, BRACELET,METAL RIMMED GLASSES...EVEN GOLD OR SILVER FILLINGS IN THEIR TEETH...THAT WERE HEATED BY THE SUN...THEY WILL BE FOUND WITH A GF.
    Another Example: IF you have a Cow that has a METAL Ear Tag or Bell....Your Cow doesn't come home for 7-10 days, The Cow Died But Not Fully Decomposed Where It's Bare Bones, And Body Heat Is Long Gone. IF THAT METAL EAR TAG or Bell IS EXPOSED TO THE SUN, THE GF WILL ALERT ON IT.

ONE Time while Deer Hunting, Second Week of the Season I was walking to my spot and looked down from a small ridge line and a flash of white caught my eye at the bottom of the ridge. There was a very small stream at the bottom. It Was A Sunny Day. I walked down the hill and really couldn't make out what it was I Scanned With the GF while walking down. It just was a Very Small Alert...kept walking towards it, the Alert Got A Little Bit Higher...It was a 6 point Buck, Facing Away From Me. The White I Saw Was His Tail. He was Laying on his Right Side. He had Been Shot in the Rear End By A Rifle. To Myself I was cursing whoever shot him and didn't bother to find him. I scanned his body for heat...It picked Up NO BODY HEAT, But on His Left Flank I Saw An Old Wound/Healed Scar. Every Time I Scanned That Area With The GF It Alerted.. It Wasn't A Fresh Wound, Skin/Hide Had Healed Over It. I Took My Knife Out After Feeling A Small, Just A Bit Bigger Than A Pencil Eraser Bump. I Cut An X Incision Over The Top Of The Bump...It Was An ALUMINUM Arrow Shaft With The Broad Head Still Embedded In His Flank! The GF PICKED THAT UP....NOT ANY HEAT FROM HIS BODY OR ANY LEAD FROM THE RIFLE SLUG! I stood up and looked around and down that draw a bit was Another Buck, Smaller, Younger Forked 4 Point. I Scanned That Way With the GF...Absolutely NOTHING. This is Just My Theory.. Some Idiot With A Rifle Shot The Second Buck I Found And It Took Off...The First Buck I Found That The GF Alerted On, Took Off Too...The Idiot Shot IT In The Butt As It Ran Away. Whoever It Was Didn't Bother To Look For Either Deer...PATHETIC AND SAD!

SO...It Proved: BOTH DEER Had Been Dead Too Long To Pick Up Body Heat From The GF.
    It Proved That Even Though The Hide Had Healed Over The Old Broadhead Wound, GF Picked Up The Arrow Shaft. My Opinion Only Is That GF Picked Up The Shaft, Not The Broadhead Because IT Was Embedded In His Flank and He Was Stone Cold. The Sun Heated The Small Shaft Covered By His Hide While He Laid Flat On The Ground For A Period Of Time In The Sun THAT DAY. Like I Said, It Didn't Alert The Rifle Slugs On Either Deer As They Were Still In Their Intestines.

Hope This Helps Terry and Thanks Again!
    Kace
    (Sorry........ tnx for the tnx) ╦╦
    Kace likes this.
    Be not concerned with what dirt your enemy has on you. Be concerned with where they got it from.

us
    Aug 2017
    Central Oregon.
    181 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks Kace, that is a Great tip in several way's Best Regards there Brother.
    Kace and TerryC like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Murphys, CA
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Garrett Pinpointer
    3542 times
    Coin shooting, Nugget shooting, Relic hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Kace, I looked at several models of GFs. Some priced up into the thousands. Can you (have you) named the exact model you have? You have me hooked! I want to buy one but want to buy your model. Can you tell me (us) ? ╦╦
    Be not concerned with what dirt your enemy has on you. Be concerned with where they got it from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links