Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dropped in on an old carriage road while heading to a cellar. The control box snapped off the pole. I was able to rig it to stay for the afternoon and managed a button amd a buckle but im still bummed. On top of that the headphones broke shortly after. When they are plugged in there is no audio. The detector doesnt even recognize them and emits the audio from the waterproof speaker.

Rant over

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the universe wants you to get a shiny new toy, embrace it !

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
If the machine is not recognizing that the headphones are plugged in, they probably aren't. Pull it apart and see if the pin is bent over or if it is really connecting.

Call Garrett on the broken control box. If less than two years old, they'll take care of it and if it is over two years old, they'll take care of it.
Garrett is an Excellent company.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new one isnt in the budget and i triple checked the connector already. I didnt have time to look everything over after the hunt becuase i had work but ill check it tomorrow. My dad might have the receipt otherwise garrett wont honor the warranty amd im not really wanting to pay shipping plus repairs yet. Ove seen people attatch the control box with conduit screw downs so i might try thatm thats only a couplr bucks and the headphonrs ill have to investigate further.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer about that, Garrett might still fix for free since it seems to be a common problem. Have you called and pushed the issue?

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new one isnt in the budget and i triple checked the connector already. I didnt have time to look everything over after the hunt becuase i had work but ill check it tomorrow. My dad might have the receipt otherwise garrett wont honor the warranty amd im not really wanting to pay shipping plus repairs yet. Ove seen people attatch the control box with conduit screw downs so i might try thatm thats only a couplr bucks and the headphonrs ill have to investigate further.

Like someone said, you might be surprised by what Garrett will do regardless of age and warranty. They've sent me replacement parts on a 250 that was several years old...free. Didn't even pay shipping. I'd call them and in the nicest way possible, ask if they can help. If you don't get the answer you were hoping for, call back later and talk to someone else. Garrett really is a good company.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That sux, sorry to hear. If you do not have the funds to replace or get fixed then maybe a hot glue gun and belt clip or a hip pack. Know it sounds really dumb but at least you could still be out hunting.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just my 2 cents, but last time I called Garret about sevice on an AT Pro they were specific about making sure the warranty was still good on it.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this ain't nothin new , my original AT3 broke the same way , after a couple breaks i just used it as a hipmount . huh , over thirty years old and has found many , many keepers and i still love it...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a AT Pro, when the search coil cover broke, I did call Garrett, I was told it (the machine) was out of warranty, and I would have to buy another cover. I did, for I do believe in using them, but the cover IS difficult to remove and clean, seems very fragile. I have never had the problem with the control box, but I do remember there was a thread on this forum, about a simple fix for that, to make it far more sturdy, I just cannot remember by who or when.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your AT Pro. I broke my arm cuff on mine recently...didn't realize how much I needed the arm cuff until I tried swinging without it. The Garrett Service department was great, and sent me the replacement part immediately at no charge. Hope you're back up and running soon!

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this ain't nothin new , my original AT3 broke the same way , after a couple breaks i just used it as a hipmount . huh , over thirty years old and has found many , many keepers and i still love it...

I just bought a AT3 beachhunter for 50 euro. I didn't used it yet but can you please tell me how it compares against other modern water detectors ?

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything is fixed. The headphones had 2 loose wires that i reconnected and for the control box i bought 2 screws for 50 cents and put them in the stock loaction where the box mounted.

Voila

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, I'm glad you got your AT working right, thinking maybe that Gent should have got the Military grade ATX PI?? That is my next MD. Being an Older guy ex Military I tend to go for Tough units, as a back operation made my sense of feeling and balance messed up and I fall down more than I should( Was like a Mtn goat Before) so I need that tough equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread