XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the AT Max fined more goodies to put in my goodie bag than the AT Pro or my Whites V3i? Some how I doubt it.

I'm not a White's guy and don't even own a White's detector but what i have seen and read untill now, the AT Max is still no competition for the Whites V3i.

OP
OP
S

StinkinPete

Greenie
Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the AT Max a dud? It seems like all the hype is gone and everyone is now waiting for the Equinox.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not going to be any competition for the Equinox. Garrett and Whites kinda blew it going single frequency on their water machines. I'm an MX Sport user and I'm drooling over the Equinox.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[emoji879 said:
Cipher;5576064]It's not going to be any competition for the Equinox. Garrett and Whites kinda blew it going single frequency on their water machines. I'm an MX Sport user and I'm drooling over the Equinox.

I’m gonna get that one to. Selling my ATP and my F75 LTD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaffleBab

Aug 4, 2017
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT MAX International
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My First Hunt with the AT MAX.

This was October 6th. I have had another 10 hunts since then but am most likely done for the year due to weather. All hunts will be uploaded, usually every Thursday and sometimes Sunday as well. Happy to answer any questions regarding the MAX based on my personal experience and please keep in mind this is my first Garrett machine so I cannot really compare it to the PRO or the GOLD as this is an upgrade from Teknetics Delta 4000. Cheers (:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep watching videos of people recovering the same targets they would have with their ATP.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw a big difference in my Max and my ATP. I’ve recovered much more with my Max definitely more smaller targets. It works for me :)

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw a big difference in my Max and my ATP. I’ve recovered much more with my Max definitely more smaller targets. It works for me :)

That's great to hear you're still liking it! How does it do in the iron?

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 300+ hours on the AT Pro and have put a good dozen on the AT Max. I think it is a much better machine. First off the wireless headphones and backlight are what everyone wanted and Garrett gave that to us. BUT they did not stop there, they also gave an all metal mode that is by far deeper then the AT Pro in any of its modes. Then you have the extended range on the ground balance which will also help you get some more depth. When you throw in the adjustable threshold and volume that makes this unit well worth the price.
I have more expensive machines but when it comes to hunting in the thickets or the water the AT Max is one of my favorites.

GaffleBab

Aug 4, 2017
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT MAX International
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@choppadude The only real issue I have is that All Metal Mode is one tone only. I'm so used to the Delta having multiple tones and with only one tone you have to constantly look at the VID and that is where my issue arises is the fact that the screen is about half the size of the Delta so having to constantly look at a small screen in All Metal especially in parks and schools where there is high trash I have found that I have to hunt in Zero Discrim and unfortunately therefore lose depth. Sounds like you have a fair amount of experience with Garrett so maybe you've got some tips or pointers I can apply going forward. Appreciated, cheers (:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread