Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Minelab Equinox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26672 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Why do we have to wait? They built the machine, they know what it can and can not do. Why not give the info right out of the gate?

If it has what i want in a machine i will be in line with everyone else.
    You have to wait because none of that info has been released to Minelab America yet. You can call Australia and ask them.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Sep 18, 2017 at 01:28 PM.
    Permit and scruggs like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Grumpy Vet in the woods

Sep 2016
    Surrounded by police in a hail of gunfire
    Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus, Garrett AT-Pro
    21 times
    Digging up the past
    After guiding disabled vets for the last couple years with all the major machine like the AT-Pro, Deus and CTX 3030 I am fully interested in the new equinox for a couple reasons. its weight, waterproof and speed with depth. From all the video I have seen thus far this machine is bliningly fast compared to the Deus, it discrimintaes as well as the 3030 and it priced affordable akin to to the AT-pro category. I will be buying 8 of them right out of the gate to use full time on our guided hunts since the machines lend themselves well to the new user or first time detectorist. Since brandon niece is using it as his go-to machine from now on I have to side with his judgement at this point. I wont sell our other machines because they will still have a use and I am still fond of the 3030 and deus for certiain types of hunting but I am really stoked on all I have read and watched.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    You have to wait because none of that info has been released to Minelab America yet. You can call Australia and ask them.
    I called another dealer here in the southern hemisphere ...and nope....they knew as much as I did

Chub
    Permit likes this.

Apr 2017
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I called another dealer here in the southern hemisphere ...and nope....they knew as much as I did

Chub

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26672 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post

Chub
    I said he could call, didn't say they would say anything. Minelab is always very tight lip on new releases, not even letting employees know until just before the release.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8329 times
    Like every other new release I'd wait and see how it actually performs and the user feedback starts hitting the forums, etc. Per example, when the CTX came out guys rushed to buy them only to experience disappointing leak issues, etc. So for me anyway, time will tell the true story on the machine, not the manufacturer. But if it pans out it should be a good one.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jan 2011
    Southwest Ohio
    White's MX Sport, Makro PP
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Deft Tones View Post
    The other guys better crap something truly innovative if they're going to continue floging the single frequency horse.

If not, then perhaps the time for them has come to either step it up or hang it up.
    Agreed but rather than hang it up, lower the prices big time on what is available now. It will be hard to sell F-75s,T2s (for example) at the current price if this new Minelab performs. This is great for the consumer. Minelab may have just re-invented the wheel and with a killer price tag.
    Dig to learn or else learn to like digging.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8591 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    wake me up when they make one with an in-line probe ability.

I know a lot of guys who refused to part with their Explorers, Etrac's etc... when the CTX came out. Because they dislike having to lug around a hand-held probe. The in-line probe is addictive.
    jeff of pa and scruggs like this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    25076 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Like every other new release I'd wait and see how it actually performs and the user feedback starts hitting the forums, etc. Per example, when the CTX came out guys rushed to buy them only to experience disappointing leak issues, etc. So for me anyway, time will tell the true story on the machine, not the manufacturer. But if it pans out it should be a good one.
    Yes I must say, they only allow a hand full of people the ability to pre test new Detectors
    in the field across the U.s. .
    I won't name names but when your on that list, you certainly don't want to upset the manufacturer,
    plus one persons go to list of Checks is different then others.
    One may be more into "will it pick up gold ? ",
    while another may be into "comfort"
    and another "quality". but what is comfortable to one for instance,
    may be a nightmare to the other. but will they say so ? or fear they won't get any more to test ?

I do like to hear from the Buyers.
    Even the Constant Complainers give an idea of whats real about minor issues.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 19, 2017 at 02:06 AM.

Apr 2017
    895 times
    On a tangent, can anyone tell me what boxes the Garret green machines currently tick?

Chub

us
    Jul 2013
    Midwest
    Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
    890 times
    Nothing, I believe this machine is going to give the Deus and Garrett a run for their money.. just wait.. Its light weight, water proof and easy to use. Minelab does their homework...
    I was going to get the XP Deus, or the AT Maxx.... not so much anymore. I am so glad I waited, I will be watching this one closely..

Mar 2014
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2. Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    If the ability to discriminate out aluminum, yet still find gold is true, this will truly become a game changer.
    Interesting where does it state on the literature that it can tell the difference between the two? Very curious about this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    26672 times
    No where I read.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
    jeff of pa likes this.

2nd Amendment

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    25076 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    maybe in a Video ?

if I think about it seriously though, considering all the Size , and shape differences & Karat differences
    there must be Hundreds if not Thousands of differences when it comes to gold Rings & other gold Jewelry.
    and I would believe gold can come in at all parts of the Spectrum.
    so actually You can already block out most Aluminum & find Gold.
    But the Gold must be 10 K or Less & Large .
    I say that because I did Find a large Class ring once that I would have Found with Full discrimination
    on my sovereign sounded like a quarter or can.
    and I found a Keepsake diamond Engagement ring Once (18k white gold) that I could have sworn was a Nail. & in fact was under a Nail. (More Issues to consider )

then ya Got aluminum Differences From Can to Can tab to Can tab Ring to Can tab Tongue
    to Can tab Tongue rolled up or Flat, or on edge, old style, new style,
    Hippy Style etc, Aluminum Tokens,
    antique car Coins, you name it . all with their own large and slight signature differences.

Now ad in Ground & age Differences
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 21, 2017 at 06:51 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    12709 times
    Banner Finds (5)
    I am not jumping on the band wagon. Lots of people do. That's ok. Minelab has produced some machines which are very good for what they do, but some are just to freaking heavy for me. And unwieldy. I have seen people with very expensive top notch machines RUNNNNNNNNN through a field looking for the golden jackpot. I did better that day going slow and methodical. It will all depend on the hype versus reality, and the end user and their needs. Will take a look at it but won't buy another machine of any kind before I have one in my hands to use first. Most dealers have test gardens....If I am not mistaken their Gofind, wasn't so hot. Anybody get one of those?
    sprailroad and scruggs like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links