Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Minelab Equinox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8591 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    .... I did Find a large Class ring once that I would have Found with Full discrimination
    on my sovereign sounded like a quarter or can....
    Sure. Some gold objects if they are big enough, will read up into the penny (higher disc.) range. Eg.: Big fat man's college 10k rings. Or a $20 gold piece, etc... Also 24k pure rings (that some Asian jewelers deal with) will read up high. EVEN when they are small . Since pure gold is actually a high conductor, and it's the alloys of 14k and 18k that bring down the conductivity. I once got a 24k pure ring that was small and dainty. Yet read up near copper penny .

But the devil is in the details: Unfortunately very few gold items fit into those categories. You will find a million clad coin in a park, before chancing on to the gold ring of that size (or $20 gold, or whatever). Unfortunately most gold is alloyed. And most jewelry not monster sized.

RW
    us
    Ron

Feb 2007
    Fort Worth'ish
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
    529 times
    Cache Hunting
    I will be taking bets and giving 10 to 1 until the release date that it can't differentiate all gold from all aluminum and cost way less than the Etrac/3030. If that technology ever does come about, price won't be under $10K and I will be on pre-order list. It does look like Minelab is getting a little Deus'y though. I like what I SEE so far.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    891 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It kind of makes the Nokta impact (newest release I can think of ) look like 3 ten year old machines rolled into one...

Chub

Apr 2017
    891 times
    seriously though if the Noktas 3 frequencies were simultaneous it could have been a game changer.

Chub

Mar 2014
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2. Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
    319 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    seriously though if the Noktas 3 frequencies were simultaneous it could have been a game changer.

Chub
    Correct, i completely lost interest when i saw that it was a single freq none simultaneous machine. For that i have my fors Core that works quite well. For deep sand salt and tough ground its multi freq, PI or go home.
    chub, sprailroad, scruggs and 1 others like this.

Apr 2017
    891 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthFLdigger View Post
    Correct, i completely lost interest when i saw that it was a single freq none simultaneous machine. For that i have my fors Core that works quite well. For deep sand salt and tough ground its multi freq, PI or go home.
    But how is the Nokta velox marketed and sold as a beach machine? The Racer 2 also does well at the beach. Can't seem to find a satisfactory explanation for these 2 single frequency machines doing well in wet sand.

Chub

Nov 2012
    222 times
    I really don't think it will replace the etrac and ctx. Not just yet, but what I do think they did is give people a taste of what they have to prevent people from buying a competitor detector. In other words, they want everybody to save their money when this is rolled out instead of buying a deus or a garrett at max now. Just a guess but that is what it seems like. I must say I liked what I saw so far.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Mar 2014
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2. Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
    319 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    But how is the Nokta velox marketed and sold as a beach machine? The Racer 2 also does well at the beach. Can't seem to find a satisfactory explanation for these 2 single frequency machines doing well in wet sand.

Chub
    They do quite well, better than all single frequency VLF units in my opinion just not as deep as the multifrequency machines. I wrote a review on my FORS core specifically being tested in soaking wet highly salty sand.
    sprailroad likes this.

us
    Aug 2017
    Mo
    Garret
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have to agree with morjam. I'm running an ace 300 now and practically had my finger on the buy button for the max when I heard about the equinox. Now I'm saving my $ until both are out and we can look at them side by side. But gosh I'm an inpatient person. Hope minelab doesn't take too long
    WaterScoop, sprailroad and scruggs like this.

Apr 2017
    891 times
    Nokta took 2 years with the impact....so hopefully it wont be that long!

Chub
    sprailroad likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3213 times
    It’s all about capturing additional market share . Similar with Honda and Acura , Toyota and Lexus.
    The folks that would spend $600-800 on a Garret or a Fisher are now intrigued by additional frequencies over a single frequency from a manufacturer who makes a $8000 specialty Gold detctor(GPZ 7000)

It’s kind of like if Lamborghini made a $25K sports car.

Cheers
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterscoop View Post
    Itís kind of like if Lamborghini made a $25K sports car.

Cheers
    I would be intrigued, even more so if Ferrari did so.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
    WaterScoop likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    um
    Apr 2017
    Orygunistan
    Garret AT Pro Born 4/17.. Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune! Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
    111 times
    Metal Detecting
    Release Date....
    My hypocrisy has limits.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I would be intrigued, even more so if Ferrari did so.
    You are correct on the higher value of Ferrari however I was not trying to use the most expensive metal detctor manufacturer as an example and that’s why I went with a Lamourghini

The most expensive Lamborghini ever sold at auction was a Miura that went for about $2.5 million. The most expensive Ferrari is also the most expensive car, a $38 million GTO. ... But the reality is that Ferrari both retains and gains value much better than Lamborghini.
    Treasure_Hunter and RustyGold like this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5104 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I wouldn't want to have to pay to repair either of them. Even normal maintenance is ridiculous.
    WaterScoop likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links