Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Minelab Equinox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3213 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Take it from a former professional photographer who shot Nikon for over 40 years . When Canon first started coming out with their digital cameras they were first in everything and Nikon seemed to drag their rears. I honestly was considered switching my full gear which included many lenses. However a little voice kept telling me to be patient. I was glad I was because Nikon came out swinging a few years later and they kicked butt with their superior more ergonomic and better resolution cameras..

Lesson: Be patient the competitors will not give up that easily. They may have something in the wings in their R&R department just waiting for the completion to release their flagship so they can acquire it and make something better.

My 2 cents
    sprailroad, Vhoov and erte like this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    Equinox 800,CTX with Coiltek 14x9 coil, T-Rex scoop and ATPro
    809 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Equinox wired headphone connector. Found this pic searching for more Equinox informationClick image for larger version. 

Name:	equinox-minel.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	1509023
    WaterScoop likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3213 times
    Looks like a watertight connector. Similar to iPhone leaks. The part manufacturers are so proud to be associated with a stellar product so they post photos of the products that they make next to the main product showing its application.

IPhone case manufacturers were notorious from releasing these type of photos.

Thank you for sharing toddbbq

Charter Member
    us
    May 2016
    Georgia
    Equinox 800, Ace 400, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
    1104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScoop View Post
    Take it from a former professional photographer who shot Nikon for over 40 years . When Canon first started coming out with their digital cameras they were first in everything and Nikon seemed to drag their rears. I honestly was considered switching my full gear which included many lenses. However a little voice kept telling me to be patient. I was glad I was because Nikon came out swinging a few years later and they kicked butt with their superior more ergonomic and better resolution cameras..

Lesson: Be patient the competitors will not give up that easily. They may have something in the wings in their R&R department just waiting for the completion to release their flagship so they can acquire it and make something better.

My 2 cents
    What a great analogy....i was thinking something similar the further I read then you said it perfectly.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    2499 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScoop View Post

My 2 cents
    Now I understand all the cool pics posted up
    WaterScoop likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2016
    Georgia
    1104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    I feel a bit jaded when I hear talk of new releases.... but when I learned from another thread about the Minelab Equinox I have to admit to feeling a bit excited! An affordable multi frequency waterproof lightweight detector.
    As I joked in another thread about Nokta claiming "you spoke- we listened".... it appears Nokta had selective hearing with the Impact! We waited a long time for the release. It appears to be a good detector though. Another new release - the AT max- also appears to be OK (not many videos to be found). But it doe raise the question about what 'NEW' really means.
    Im going to follow the equinox release very closely. I started out way back with a XT17000 and a big ol SD2000 with the rubbish bin lid coil in the gold fields. I recently came across an old sovereign XS2 and couldnt understand Minelabs gap between the xterra range and the safari and excal.... the sovereign left a gap that was never really filled.
    I really thought FTP would be announcing something this year with the price shuffle of the F75 and moving the F70 platform to the patriot.
    I for one will buy the Equinox if it is anything like they describe.

As I questioned in another thread, what will other manufacturers do if minelab produce this machine at the same pricepoint as all the single frequency , non waterproof, heavy(ish) machines that have been newly released?

Chub

Well, what is the consensus so far? My mom's boyfriend got one and he's killing it. He's a Tnetter, but doesn't post...guess that's an oxymoron.

I'm looking to buy another machine...question is do I want an Etrac, or an equinox?

Nov 2012
    222 times
    I guess it would depend on what type of hunting. Water hunting, faster recovery, more lightweight, and seems to be pretty good is the equinox. A silver killer, deep machine, but not balanced well, heavy, but a proven deep seeker on coins is the etrac. I'm keeping my etrac. The nox will have to wait for me......

Charter Member
    us
    May 2016
    Georgia
    1104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marjam View Post
    I guess it would depend on what type of hunting. Water hunting, faster recovery, more lightweight, and seems to be pretty good is the equinox. A silver killer, deep machine, but not balanced well, heavy, but a proven deep seeker on coins is the etrac. I'm keeping my etrac. The nox will have to wait for me......
    Thank you for your input, I hear they are great silver seekers (etrac). I'm just not sure what I want to get....im ready to upgrade. I run an ATPro.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2016
    Georgia
    1104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marjam View Post
    Thank you for your input, I hear they are great silver seekers (etrac). I'm just not sure what I want to get....im ready to upgrade. I run an ATPro.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    3213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoov View Post
    Equinox is like owning all the Garret AT detectors and then some due to its many frequencies it’s getting some amazing real reviews from our members.

It’s a great step up from the AT Pro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68A7F896-B10F-4D7B-B067-AAF6C842EC6E.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1561307

us
    Jul 2017
    West Michigan
    Minelab Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
    169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPa View Post
    I almost don't want the technology to get better. It takes the mystery and wonder out of the hobby. Nothing stops progress though I guess.
    Not sure if its true or not, but I read somewhere that the technology for a super detector is there, but manufacturers are hogtied by FCC regulations. They have to come up with designs within the restrictions.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    429 times
    Sorry, OMH, but there’s is no FCC restriction in the way. The problem is physics. Tough laws there.

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    767 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Vhoov if you use an ATPro you will love the Equinox. The 600 is in the same price range and every bit as good as the 800.I have both and love them both.The Equinox is a deep seeker. I have found quarters at 12".

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    16797 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoov View Post
    If you're thinking to upgrade, you are in for a really big surprise.
    I lived in NYC for most of my life. The population has always been in the millions during my residency. People losing stuff for centuries.
    In 2012, I upgraded to an AT PRO. A lighter, faster, waterproof machine. An improvement over the Garret CXII machine I was using. It seemed capable of doing it all.
    In 2 years time, I had recovered 25 Silver Coins each year. The PRO paid for itself in 18 months in just clad alone. It recovered gold rings and was very good in fresh water. Then I decided to upgrade to an Etrac.
    Totally different machine. My annual silver coin recovery jumped from 25 to 81 in the first year of using the Etrac. The second year produced 158 Silver Coins. Same parks in same city. The silver was there when I was using the AT PRO. Why didn't the PRO see these silvers? Different technologies. The Etrac can go deeper and unmask a Silver Coin that is in the same hole as an iron nail. It also screams at you when the coil goes over silver. The Etrac was the deal breaker when it came to customer loyalty. I still use a Garrett Carrot pin pointer but since purchasing the Etrac, I have purchased the CTX 3030, and
    2 Excaliburs. I have also added the DEUS to my arsenal.
    If you purchase the Etrac, you must be aware that the Etrac does not like water. I will not hunt in the rain with it. That is something I didn't worry about with the PRO.
    If you look at the Equinox results that are coming in, you will see that it is a very capable machine. It has features that the AT PRO can not match and it is waterproof. Plus, salt water doesn't produce ghost signals. Add the fact that it is $500. to $600. cheaper than the Etrac. Well my choice would be to go with the Equinox 800, over the Etrac. The only issue with the Equinox's so far is the lack of waterproof headphones.
    Cibolero likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links