advice to buy 3D image detector

Fastlane

Sep 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hello, I'm new here, i'd like to get a suggestion for metal detector to find large gold items in general.
buried items inside caves, tombs or graves etc in deep depth and buried in the soil.

most wanted features:

1. an shows if buried items are inside tomb (big cave) or in the soil or in grave.

2. metal Determination of metal type especially gold, also define lead, iron,

3. preferably gives many 3D image scan systems, live scan, and image by scanning area to get 3d image on the screen
or transferred & analyzed by 3D software on a laptop or tablet to show Approximate depth & shape of gold & cave space.

I'm located in Jordan in middle east, so we got different soils like: :icon_scratch:

1- Normal red soil
2- Calcareous chalky
3- Sandstone rocks
4- Calcareous rocks
5- Flint rock layers
6- Desert Sands
7- some sandy soil with stones

there's many products :dontknow: some of them have good reviews
& some doesn't many marketing or dealers websites / videos,

i need almost good result detector tested by many that fit my needs.

going to buy it from by the company itself directly in Germany, or by a distributor inside Germany if it's produced in another country.
prefer mid-range price, if there's a great detector with those options there's no budget limit.

please advice me, thank you in advanced

Upvote 0

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That seems like an unrealistic detector.. maybe you could get hooked up with a military grade detector if you have an extra $10k..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Fast-lane, I think

1) You are having an unrealistic mental image of "3D". As if you're going to get some sort of magical picture (like looking at a TV screen x-ray image) of a box, or statue, etc..... Nope, it doesn't work that way. Instead you get nothing but an image of a bunch of blotchy pixels that tells you absolutely nothing of what the ID is. And you'll get JUST as much info (ie.: "there's a metal object there") by the audio beep of a 2-box detector, as you would by looking at blotchy images of GPR or 3D.

2) There is no detector on earth that can tell you the difference between lead, gold, silver, aluminum, etc..... There might be broad categories on a detectors TID disc that might SAY "gold" or "iron" or "aluminum", etc... But then you have to start factoring size into the object. And then unfortunately many metals share the same conductivity ranges.

If you are after big ticket items (caches, boxes, etc...) rather than individual coins, then simply get a 2-box machine like the TM 808. And just dig the bigger "beeps" . Practice by : Picking a clean stretch of desert soil and burying test objects. Like a soda can. A toaster or hubcap, etc.....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
That seems like an unrealistic detector.. maybe you could get hooked up with a military grade detector if you have an extra $10k..

Even those "military grade" detectors are not going to help him, IMHO. A lot of what the military is using to hunt for landmines is simply something akin to a high-powered nugget machine (to detect the metal springs and clips of landmines that contain very little metal). And for a cache hunter, that's the LAST thing you would want, is a machine that blares off on every little speck.

OP
OP
F

Fastlane

Sep 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thank you for reply,

if it so, i skip metal detection part off the list.

well i tried dowsing my self on different locations, and i tested Lorenz deepmax Z1 my self twice (needs a lot of practicing) it gave me beeps in some spots, and once i tried the 3D imagine system on it, it gave me those field data then analyzed by Surfer 12.5 on a laptop, so i'm looking for something similar or more better for better results

should i give a big list of new detectors sold and advertised on re-sellers website with 3D imaginary system
and some of them are costy, not sure if they are worthy, not looking for LRL for now, i jest need better device maybe stronger for better results for caves, big amount of golden items buried inside.

location 1
View attachment f1.bmp
View attachment f1-1.bmp

location 2
View attachment f2.bmp
View attachment f2-2.bmp

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked around for years for reliable or at least reasonable discussion and review of devices like your asking about. Products from OKM or the Gold King look interesting, are expensive, and have what your asking about. However I highly doubt the advertisements and have yet to find any of the discussion or reviews on those products that convinces me they actually work. To wit, as pointed out, a two box unit is probably as close as one can get. The rest is just a wish list. My opinion.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't give any advise, but I wish you the best.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... if it so, i skip metal detection part off the list. ...

Huh ? If you're convinced treasure might exist at a certain location, why would you "skip metal detection part off the list" ?

... well i tried dowsing my self on different locations, ...

Don't take this wrong, but This tells me right away that you're the type apt to fall for snake-oil hocus pocus. And a hint as to why you're , likewise, falling for glitzy tech of silly detectors that try to show shape-pictures. Because dowsing is nothing but hocus pocus nonsense. Why are you wasting time with magic stuff and expensive over-kill tech ? Why not just get a TM 808 if you suspect a treasure is buried someplace ?

..., big amount of golden items buried inside. ...

Curious: What leads you to believe that ? Might they be ghost story camp-fire legend telephone game stuff ? There are certain cultures I've seen, where it seems locals believe a treasure exists in every cave, at every ruins, etc.... And they can sound seeeooo compelling and bullet-proof at first. But when you start to delve deeper, asking for more details, they unravel as nothing more than "he said she said" camp-fire stories gone awry.

Not saying you can't find treasures. But ... just saying ... ask critical questions of how the stories got started, and if "more plausible explanations exist".

And get a TM 808 to solve your issues with dowsing, LRL, and the over-kill unnecessary tech.

OP
OP
F

Fastlane

Sep 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

because based on other replies there's no metal detector can define the metal, as there's some location buried with old weapons from ottoman empire, some of them from Byzantine age, others from Greek or Roman Empire as we call it that, that's the history came over this region & especially Jordan land, maybe more...

it's not that i believe at every caves there's a treasure, come here for a visit, or i can show you many caves & Cemetery tombs at different locations i've seen them myself and more still discovered by public, or when they open new roads even dig for water pipes etc. recently they have found 3 locations while digging with many tombs inside.

as well signs on stone land for each civilization have its own signs, unlike your location Tom, but we got plenty of them which some of them lead to water and others to a tomb or treasure signs. when you have a chance to see them, you would analyze them and get your metal detector to search in the area. most of signs still buried, they discover new everyday.

you can't count what are the ages of each minted coins and belonging to each civilization here.

can you tell me what is the company produce TM 808 or LRL, thank you

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... can you tell me what is the company produce TM 808 or LRL, thank you ...

Ok, if there's legit reasons to believe that more goodies are waiting to be found in caves near you: As G.A.P. says: Whites Co. makes the TM 808. You can probably snag one on Ebay . Or just buy from whites. A dealer in Europe can probably ship to you. And practice with items like a toaster, a tool box, a jar filled with metal, a soda can, etc.... The TM 808 can get a soda can to perhaps 3 ft. A toaster to 4 ft. or more, etc... A metal coffin to 6 or 10 ft., etc....

No, you don't want LRL. That's just more hocus pocus snake oil. They are just dowsing, with a battery, diodes, and some wires thrown in. That do nothing at all except empty your wallet when you buy them.

OP
OP
F

Fastlane

Sep 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I really appreciate your replies all of you, thank you, Best Wishes and good luck for all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread