Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: New AMinelab USA Repair Center

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2549 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    No, it is it's own repair center, Dave would never move to PA, too cold, too much snow.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
    I am a little confused would one then send there detector to Fl. or Pa. for repair ?
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    2549 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    No, it is it's own repair center, Dave would never move to PA, too cold, too much snow.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
    Yes cold & snow does cause some problems when detecting.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    507 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy View Post
    I will be watching to see what kind of response you get and how fast it takes to get it.
    I will report back, with details, as I'm quite interested in seeing how this plays out. First time I've needed Minelab service; I'm interested in seeing how it goes. I expect to buy a new Equinox, and often "new releases" do need to be sent back to the manufacturer a time or two for "tweaks." How Minelab handles this will give me some ideas as to how comfortable I might be as possibly being an "early purchaser" of an Equinox...

Steve

Nov 2012
    664 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow, some more great news with a clean break and no association moving north.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    702 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Minelab Jamie View Post
    Please be sure to contact us for a RMA (return material authorization) number prior to sending in your repair! You can also contact us at service@minelabamericas.com and our customer service line is 877-767-6522.
    Jamie, Can you clear up the confusion where the Minelab Repair Facilitie(s) is/are??
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    507 times
    Metal Detecting
    OK, VERY impressed so far. I had an email in my inbox from Minelab by 8:15 AM this morning. Some back-and-forth via email, exchanging serial numbers, RMA numbers, etc. Every email was answered in a very timely and professional manner. I have a trip to the beach planned starting Friday, and was wanting to take my machine. They were willing, if I overnighted the machine to them, to expedite the repair and overnight the machine back to me prior to my trip Friday; they had it all set up with the techs to get my machine on the bench, repaired, and back to me this week!

However, I checked into cost to overnight via FedEx, and it was $150! OUCH! So I decided not to go that route, and just send it regular FedEx. I notified my contact person at Minelab via email, gave him a tracking number for my package, and he said he'd let the repair center know of the change of plans, and they'd be looking for the machine to arrive in a few days.

Don't know how the repair will go, or the cost, but thus far, VERY impressive.

Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27459 times
    They are using a program that automatically sends email when a detector is logged in.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    507 times
    Metal Detecting
    Are you saying, T_H, that when they receive my machine, and log that it arrived, I'll get an automated email saying they received it?

Steve

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    702 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoss66 View Post
    OK, VERY impressed so far. I had an email in my inbox from Minelab by 8:15 AM this morning. Some back-and-forth via email, exchanging serial numbers, RMA numbers, etc. Every email was answered in a very timely and professional manner. I have a trip to the beach planned starting Friday, and was wanting to take my machine. They were willing, if I overnighted the machine to them, to expedite the repair and overnight the machine back to me prior to my trip Friday; they had it all set up with the techs to get my machine on the bench, repaired, and back to me this week!

However, I checked into cost to overnight via FedEx, and it was $150! OUCH! So I decided not to go that route, and just send it regular FedEx. I notified my contact person at Minelab via email, gave him a tracking number for my package, and he said he'd let the repair center know of the change of plans, and they'd be looking for the machine to arrive in a few days.

Don't know how the repair will go, or the cost, but thus far, VERY impressive.

Steve
    Where were told to send it?
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoss66 View Post
    Are you saying, T_H, that when they receive my machine, and log that it arrived, I'll get an automated email saying they received it?

Steve
    From what I have read on a couple forums from members who sent in detectors it sounds like they are using a data base system that automatically sends email when item is logged in. There are several data bases available that can do that.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    507 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Where were told to send it?
    Ron,

I will tell you in a PM. It seems, for some reason, Minelab doesn't want this "known," for some reason. You and I have both asked Jamie, and she's not answering...so I will respect what seems to be Minelab's wishes on this (not sure why they are being quiet about it).

Steve

us
    Jan 2017
    Illinois
    Minelab Go-Find 40, Minelab CTX 3030
    23 times
    We now have an official announcement regarding repairs. Our new repair center is Detector Center and we again request you contact us directly for all your repair needs. Thank you!

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    702 times
    We now have an official announcement regarding repairs. Our new repair center is Detector Center and we again request you contact us directly for all your repair needs. Thank you!
    Thanks for the info Jamie!
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    2549 times
    It it does not clear it up for me . Do we send it to Pa.,Fl.,or IL. What is the big secret ? And how will it work with the one in charge lives in Fl. but the repair centers are up north sounds messed up again. And sgoss66 said they are not allowed to tell were they send it . Wow sounds like a mess again to me.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2016
    Hawaii
    Equinox 600/Excalibur II/Fisher F75/Fisher F2/Pro Pointer AT
    94 times
    I sent mine to Florida about 3 weeks ago and was advised via email (after I inquired) that it would be forwarded to PA and all future repairs should be sent to PA.
    SeabeeRon likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links