Equipment(s) for Underground Geophysical Mapping
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SeabeeRon
  • 1 Post By Barton
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 1 Post By Tom_in_CA

Thread: Equipment(s) for Underground Geophysical Mapping

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2017
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Equipment(s) for Underground Geophysical Mapping

Hi Fellow Treasure Hunters,

I have access to a great number of mountains in an undisclosed location in Asia. These mountains are rich in many metals and minerals including copper, chromium, manganese, molybdenum, lead, zinc, antimony, indium, zirconium and PGM (shiny shiny) ores. I am looking forward to obtain advice from a geologist to guide me about the EQUIPMENT required to map certain locations i.e. create a whole geophysical survey of the elements located UNDERGROUND to a depth of 100 meters in any location. I would want to know depth measurement, size of deposit, consistency of earth around it and any other information that can be achieved that I may have missed here.

Budget is not an issue when it comes to purchasing the equipment. Your help will be highly appreciated.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1057 times
    How much you want? I will send you my credit card number and SS No#.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

us
    Barton Thom

Apr 2005
    Abiquiu, NM
    What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
    349 times
    Cache Hunting
    Long before you seriously consider underground geo physical mapping---I would start by geochemical testing your areas of interest.
    Geochemical testing is a low cost method of searching that will allow you to search many kilometers of ground quickly and at low cost.
    The anomalies you then locate by Geochemical testing would be the locations you then concentrate your Geophysical explorations.

If you have the money--I would get a good mining engineer. Contrary to what most people believe--an expert can often save you lots of money in the long run.
    For example you could hire a graduate from the Colorado School of Mines in Boulder, Colorado

Barton Thom
    Last edited by Barton; Sep 27, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13029 times
    Metal Detecting
    How much are you willing to invest in the necessary equipment?

https://csegrecorder.com/articles/vi...al-exploration

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005-10-megatem-fig02.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	1498913
    RustyGold likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Sep 2017
    Thank you for your answers. We have already done a lot of Geo Chemical testing mainly through handheld XRF machines. Thus we know we have "mountains rich in many metals and minerals including copper, chromium, manganese, molybdenum, lead, zinc, antimony, indium, zirconium and PGM (shiny shiny) ores." Our challenge now lies at detecting the deposits i.e. their depth and size and then moving forward from there.

We interviewed a few experienced engineers but unfortunately they did not have much equipment knowledge which is integral at this point.

We have a good budget for box-based equipment and other handhelds that may be required but definitely not at a vehicular level.

We are still searching for the best possible equipment to achieve this task.

Regards

Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    How much you want? I will send you my credit card number and SS No#.
    Don't need money, need expertise.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10075 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by openpit View Post
    Don't need money, need expertise.
    Expertise for what ? The type objects you list as your objective were things like: "chromium, manganese, molybdenum, lead, zinc, antimony, indium, zirconium and PGM...." Sounds like you're more into open pit industrial mining. This is a metal detecting forum. So guys here are going after coins, relics, jewelry. To the extent some are into prospecting, it will be for gold nuggets, or panning/sluicing, etc..... I don't think anyone here is into the stuff you're alluding to.

Maybe there's forums for guys into the other types minerals you are wanting to find. Good luck.
    TerryC likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links