Finally got to hit a park with the Max; found some bling and some other things.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the best and longest hunt so far. Hit up a local park. Swung the the 8x5 coil; it's never coming off. Before I get to my finds, has anyone experienced this?

Running custom mode, iron disc. at 35, and nothing notched out. I'll get quite a few mid and high tones and the numbers to match. But the little indicator pixel will stay at the 0 and 1 position on the scale. How do I interpret such behavior?

Anyway, onto the finds…

Finally came away with a pouch full of trash. As for good stuff, I got two nickles, two pennies, one quarter, and one dime. All modern. The quarter and dime were actually surface finds. I also got a really cool square nail, and some sort of pendant with what I'm assuming is fake diamonds.

One of my targets was ringing up in the high 40s to low 50s. At about a foot down, I started to uncover this large… thing. Whatever it is, it's huge, crushed, and staying put. I only had my hand digger with me, and it wasn't getting the job done. If I had to guess, I'd say it was an old tin or aluminum container of some sort. My need for closure has me debating whether or not to take another go at it with the my Ground Hawg.

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming is fake diamonds
Never Ever Assume! If you don't know how to tell Have it looked at. It costs nothing but a few minutes of your time. Keep on Swingin

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know its early days but a noticable difference to the pro?

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread