Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, I'm heading up north today to go camping, prospecting, and nugget shooting with my GM1000. I have tested it out around Auburn alabama and many other local areas. I have not used the 5" coil yet, only the 10". I have noticed that it'll false a lot. I'm not talking about when hitting it against a rock, I'm talking about blades of grass and tiny twigs. I'm wondering if there is some sort of tip/trick to help this. It isn't just a high sensitivity issue, as it does it in lower settings too.

Another question I have is about non-ferrous mineralization. Which ground minerals would show as non-ferrous? I know that the signals aren't targets. Which leads me to my next question: working in highly mineralized ground.

Has anybody found a good solution for this (regardless of how small the solution)? I have alot of clay and who knows what else around me. My detector doesn't go crazy and chatter, it literally just makes one loud continuous sound throughout the whole patch of land (the walls of the creeks, sticky clay and other minerals, if you can't tell, I'm horrible with minerals lol). Even if I set the disc on, it'll still go nuts and be showing F & NF and there really isn't a way (I know there isn't gold where I'm at). I'm just hoping for a solution for when I get to my spot up north in case similar stuff happens there.

And lastly, I'm trying to find any forums/websites with tips, tricks, hacks, etc. for anything metal detecting (preventing bump falsing, taping the coil cable & why, DIY coil covers, increased performance, troubleshooting, best practices, etc.)

If anybody has any DIY coil cover ideas or any other advice, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance for all your responses. I just want 1 victory, regardless of how big/small it turns out to be. I've been on the hunt for a while and haven't had luck. I just got the GM and finally bringing it into gold producing areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn your sensitivity down some, it is falsing on the grass when it brushes it because sensitivity is too high.

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read someone suggests a cling free spray to eliminate static discharge. Who knows, it might work?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread