Equinox 600

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobody knows. Maybe December, maybe January, maybe February?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a great business move to get it out before XMAS.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just guessing of course, but on the showing of Sept. 16th, it was shown somewhere that it was a "Prototype", and I think that their may or might be a couple of "minor" changes. I'm thinking perhaps sometime mid 2018, I myself really want to see more detailed information on it. I do believe I will own one, perhaps the "800", I'll just have to wait...........

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
What Minelab is doing is equivalent to dangling a bottle of whisky just out of reach of a drunk.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Minelab is doing is equivalent to dangling a bottle of whisky just out of reach of a drunk.

Hi, I'm Mark and I'm a detectaholic.....

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta - 2 years on the Impact from carrot to release. Garret was what? about 6 months from carrot to release on the AT max? Anybodys guess.

Chub

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing it is released in time for Christmas.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I'm guessing it is released in time for Christmas.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
I hope you're right. Or it could have been they gave everyone a good glimpse of what's to come early 2018 so people will wait to buy their next detector, the equinox, when it comes out. I know myself I don't have the funds to buy now and later too. I will make one purchase so I am going to see how it stacks up first to the other detectors recently released, and some tried and true ones as well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please can users pledge to make videos ASAP.... the Max and Impact vids seem to have taken an age to come out (felt like an age anyway ha ha:laughing7:)

Chub

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
There may be some come out as soon as its released, but what I want to see is it go head to head with the most popular models, other water detectors, etc. So I hope someone will have the resources to do that. I know it would be very helpful to those of us waiting to see which new detector we want to add to our arsenal. I've heard some great things about the at max, so that comparison would be helpful for sure.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please can users pledge to make videos ASAP.... the Max and Impact vids seem to have taken an age to come out (felt like an age anyway ha ha:laughing7:)

Chub

Oh, I will put out videos on it the day I get it and the following days after on live digs. I just can't promise when that will be. I planned to do the same thing with the Garrett Carrot, but it took months to get mine (with a pre-order too!) after they "released" them. They seemed to just trickle out to people little by little. By the time I got mine, the friends of the dealers had already had theirs and posted many, many vids.

So, if Minelab gets these out to pre-orders all at the same time, I will have some first impressions very soon.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There may be some come out as soon as its released, but what I want to see is it go head to head with the most popular models, other water detectors, etc. So I hope someone will have the resources to do that. I know it would be very helpful to those of us waiting to see which new detector we want to add to our arsenal. I've heard some great things about the at max, so that comparison would be helpful for sure.

When mine comes in I can run comparisons against my CTX. I could test it against my XCAL, but since we don't any salt beaches here, I don't think it would be a very good test.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
When mine comes in I can run comparisons against my CTX. I could test it against my XCAL, but since we don't any salt beaches here, I don't think it would be a very good test.
That's great. I look forward to it. I have the etrac and though its no ctx, the results should be similar i would think. Thanks Jason.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread