Gave away all my bucket list finds!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So for the last four years I have been detecting old home sites, within the foot print of a 400 acre County park. I have recovered an Eagle I Civil War button, A U.S. 2 Cent peice, numerous IH's Seated Half Dollar seated Half Dime, 1844 Canadian Half Penny Token, 1859 Canadian Large Cent, Crotal Bells, ax heads, all kinds of stuff. Being a member of the local Historical Society, and having 63 years of "stuff" I felt these finds belonged to the Park. So I cased them up and gave them to them! They are on display in the Historical Village within the park:hello2: 0711171318.jpg 0711171319a.jpg Sure these are some nice finds, but no regrets. All the finds on my signature came from this site.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice recoveries there, and bravo for giving them to the Historical Village. Maybe you'll get some invites to hunt other properties?:icon_thumleft: Congrats!!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice recoveries there, and bravo for giving them to the Historical Village. Maybe you'll get some invites to hunt other properties?:icon_thumleft: Congrats!!

Already have, It has paid off handsomely!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done Coop, the only thing missing is a picture of you in action with a small bio of yourself.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is how it's done. Bravo!:thumbsup:

Now, if my local Historical Society would just show interest in all my old beaver tails, car keys, pencil erasers, old beer can slaw, unidentifiable iron pieces; I would be proud to donate all of it.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Well Done Mr. Coop. I agree with Loco Digger in that a pic. Of yourself in action swinging the coil would top off this display nicely. It would give it that personal touch. This was one great gift to the Historical Village.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Major kudos to you! That was an awfully nice thing to do. Hope the Karma wheel turns up big for you down the road.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Well Done Mr. Coop. I agree with Loco Digger in that a pic. Of yourself in action swinging the coil would top off this display nicely. It would give it that personal touch. This was one great gift to the Historical Village.

These were photos I took at home. They have a nice display with photos in the Village

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has always been my plan for more rare artifacts that I have found over the years, as I figure that they should be shared one day and that it will shine a good light on an awesome hobby.

Great job, cooper1841!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words. The interest in this stuff is shared by young and old alike when they tour the Historic Village, Which consist of a school a church, a farmhouse, and a bank and log cabin. All historicaly correct, when moved on site and re-done. We, the Historical Society, man the buildings and give tours. Just another side to this great hobby!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It has given me access to a neighboring Historical Society's old Train Depot/Post Office from the 1880's, which I am also working as well

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were photos I took at home. They have a nice display with photos in the Village
t_o.gif
Oustanding Cooper! Now, how about posting a picture of the actual display for us - love to see it. I sure hope they put a little something about your donation - well done Cooper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread