Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What the best quality knee pads made to go over jeans. The ones with Velcro ( not that I mind Velcro) from Home Depot and Harbor Freight didn’t hold up. Stitching didn’t hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously...take a look at the CRYE Precision pants. Either that, multicam/ACU pants with the foam inserts. I'm in the military and constantly have to wear knee pads. What sucks about them is if they're too loose, they slip down or shift left & right. If they're too tight, they cut off circulation and/or the straps dig into the back of your legs. That's why I like the Crye pants, because the knee pads are built into them, and also why I like the foam inserts on the hidden pockets on ACU's. It's a knee pad that is only on your knee. No straps, no shifting, in addition to that, the pants are rugged and don't rip or stain. Just take a look. You won't regret it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Do you have a link to the ones you have?

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I had seen that site, but was hoping there was a link to a specific pair because the one I see there all talk about removable knee pads (unless I missed it). I thought you mentioned they were built in.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so it looks like a lot more have come out since they were created, and it looks like there's some pretty cheap ones to that aren't just multicam. EBay had some 511 tactical pants, which are khaki color for $54. If you just Google multicam pants with built-in knee pads and look at the images there's all sorts of them now so I want to spend the money on the Crye pants. Especially since they're multicam and you'll just get look like a weirdo walking around in camouflage. Put multicam pants on and be holding your metal detector in people will probably think that you're about to do some shooting or something with today's society

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some Dickies jeans with double thick knees and you can push padding in them if needed. Mostly in winter the lined ones are my favorite with quilting inside the entire legs. We don't have much rock here so it works well.
Hey Alabama 11, where are you from? I live in Phenix City if you're ever trying to go detecting with somebody. I've gone by myself every single time since I've started and in the military so don't have friends and family around here, or know anybody even remotely interested in the hobby. Let me know if you ever want to pair up. I'm not afraid to knock on doors and ask for permission either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions