Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t know what’s going on guys I detect practically every day and I’ve been doing it for a couple years now I think it all caught up to me. My arms, shoulders and elbows are constantly sore from these larger coil‘s and now even with the rattler coils I can go many hours like I used to. And also my hands go numb very often and they’re very sore all the time. Am I over doing it it old or both? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are going for the 800 and a six inch coil there is not that big of a price diff from the deus . Deus will still be lighter and compact w / removable remote .Five year warranty not sure what ML offers for a warranty . I will be looking at the 800 if it really can weed out aluminum you can not beat that . The deus sucks for bottle caps . The wiggling back iron buzz thing on crown caps had me wondering so I dug what I thought would be a cap with an iron buzz and it was an IHP . Now in the nails around old houses or where an old house was the deus is killer . Not so much a park machine but an really good private permission machine . That is why I am looking at the new ML .

How much is the 800 going for? I do a lot of parks .

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$899 manufacturer suggested retail for the 800 and $699 for the 600 .You will want the six inch coil .So you should be looking at $1300 OTD give or take . I got my deus for $100 more with the small coil option .

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$899 manufacturer suggested retail for the 800 and $699 for the 600 .You will want the six inch coil .So you should be looking at $1300 OTD give or take . I got my deus for $100 more with the small coil option .

So it’s supposed to be able to weed out aluminum and still detect gold?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are going for the 800 and a six inch coil there is not that big of a price diff from the deus . Deus will still be lighter and compact w / removable remote .Five year warranty not sure what ML offers for a warranty . I will be looking at the 800 if it really can weed out aluminum you can not beat that . The deus sucks for bottle caps . The wiggling back iron buzz thing on crown caps had me wondering so I dug what I thought would be a cap with an iron buzz and it was an IHP . Now in the nails around old houses or where an old house was the deus is killer . Not so much a park machine but an really good private permission machine . That is why I am looking at the new ML .

I hope that by now you have discovered the trick of switching to a lower frequency as a test for crown caps. Doesn't work if you are swinging one of the HF coils, but it works beautifully for low frequency coils.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth1253,

I use a sling on all of my machines except the Tesoro Outlaw, sure make detecting the fields an 8 hour joy!

Using a sling can really aid in proper coil control and for me, doesn't restrict my swing or recovery in an fundamental way. :occasion14:

I am looking into a Deus ... with the light weight; do not need a sling...:icon_thumright:

Regards,

Doc

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably easy enough to make a sling out on some Velcro straps ,maybe 1" wide.

Yellowstone

Greenie
May 3, 2017
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2, Equinox 800, Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a shoulder harness at Amazon $20. Holds extra batteries, cell phone, car keys, etc. Just connect bungee cord to chest hook and go for hours.

Last edited:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 73 yrs old and swing an E-trac, I can swing for 2 hours before I need a break. I tried a sling and it was more trouble than it was worth. A waste of money in my eyes

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know what’s going on guys I detect practically every day and I’ve been doing it for a couple years now I think it all caught up to me. My arms, shoulders and elbows are constantly sore from these larger coil‘s and now even with the rattler coils I can go many hours like I used to. And also my hands go numb very often and they’re very sore all the time. Am I over doing it it old or both? Lol

You could be just making it harder on yourself...It took me 3 years before i noticed that if i shorten my rod ( LOL ) that it was actually so much easier to swing and i barely had to grip it (LOL)..Ok..i cant talk today without being 10 years old

Let me know how it works out for ya!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Get some glucosamine tablets and start taking them.If its your joints theyll work wonders.Its for the lubrication thats between your joints.Dont take them for a few days and then stop thinking theyre not working,it might take awhile for them to kick in.They worked on me right away.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could be just making it harder on yourself...It took me 3 years before i noticed that if i shorten my rod ( LOL ) that it was actually so much easier to swing and i barely had to grip it (LOL)..Ok..i cant talk today without being 10 years old

Let me know how it works out for ya!

I returned the sling and shortened my rod. I also had to to quite wearing steal toe boots. Duh? Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get some glucosamine tablets and start taking them.If its your joints theyll work wonders.Its for the lubrication thats between your joints.Dont take them for a few days and then stop thinking theyre not working,it might take awhile for them to kick in.They worked on me right away.

Great advice Red thanks for the tip I’ll differently look into that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread