Iím getting my detector sling tomorrow
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Iím getting my detector sling tomorrow

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    26856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Iím getting my detector sling tomorrow

I donít know whatís going on guys I detect practically every day and Iíve been doing it for a couple years now I think it all caught up to me. My arms, shoulders and elbows are constantly sore from these larger coilĎs and now even with the rattler coils I can go many hours like I used to. And also my hands go numb very often and theyíre very sore all the time. Am I over doing it it old or both? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    33358 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Go buy a Deus. Weighs under 2 pounds. And they suck stuff out of the ground.
    Truth, WaterScoop and Obsessive like this.

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    26856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Go buy a Deus. Weighs under 2 pounds. And they suck stuff out of the ground.
    Yeah you got that right. I might have to if this sling doesnít work.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33358 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Which machine do you use? I can't get everybody straight. The Deus is a lot lighter than the ATPro, Max or the Fisher you have listed. My arthritis also sucks and I don't mean stuff out of the ground. My backup machine is a Tesoro Cibola.

Charter Member
    us
    ZO6 Guy

Jan 2014
    Los Angeles
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
    1333 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I swear by the pro-swing for my CTX with the 17in coil. I can go 4-6 hours no problem. I tried the cheaper sling and didn't like it. Hanging in the garage, $19 wasted lol
    Truth likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33358 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If I had a detector sling, I'd probably wind it around myself and fall down, probably in a hole or on a cow pie or some such thing.
    Truth likes this.

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    26856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by redcobra8u View Post
    I swear by the pro-swing for my CTX with the 17in coil. I can go 4-6 hours no problem. I tried the cheaper sling and didn't like it. Hanging in the garage, $19 wasted lol
    I bought the Limbsavor it had great reviews. Weíll seeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1547.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	761.4 KB 
ID:	1513245

redcobra8u likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33358 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hope it works out. I can't tolerate the thought of any machine that weighs over 3 pounds.

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    26856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Hope it works out. I can't tolerate the thought of any machine that weighs over 3 pounds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1234.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	1513257 lol

us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    1058 times
    Metal Detecting
    After fourty years of swinging and carpentry my arms are falling off after a half hour . I have learned to switch arms and it helps .been looking at slings but want the best one...let us know how you like it . It scares me to think i won't be able to hunt anymore. I'll just get me a little monster....if i have to..
    Truth likes this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    5565 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cylbill View Post
    After fourty years of swinging and carpentry my arms are falling off after a half hour . I have learned to switch arms and it helps .been looking at slings but want the best one...let us know how you like it . It scares me to think i won't be able to hunt anymore. I'll just get me a little monster....if i have to..
    Don't worry Bill, we will hook up a mobility scooter or something if the time comes. Personally I think thats a long ways off, but we will keep you hunting one way or another.
    3cylbill and RustyGold like this.

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    26856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cylbill View Post
    I sure will 3cylbil and yes that thought is scary. If this doesnít work Iím gonna have to sell my machines and get a Deus. They are super light. Iíll let you know. My arms are hurting all the damn time now.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779..in Montour Falls NY
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer... Nokta Makro Simplex+ WHP...Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pac. Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA L
    7182 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    If i was younger i`d still be swinging a Analog machine ...years ago i went for a lighter machine ...now the Deus...hope they all get lighter soon !
    Gary
    3cylbill and Truth like this.
    I`v been detecting for 52 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE
    WE THE PEOPLE

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33358 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Machines aren't better than other machines, so to speak. Unless you need a specialty machine for a salt water beach or a nail pit, and then just dig and sift the nail pit. If you want to see something funny, watch me try to get up off the floor or ground. I need a 10 ton Morgan crane, like the use at reservoirs or dams to get me up. I must go light weight these days. I picked up a couple Minelabs when at a competition dig in VA last year and almost fainted at the weight. Some machines are heavy enough to drive fence posts into the ground however if you forget your sledge hammers.

Sad but true, I swing the machine with my left hand and use the long handled digging tool almost as a cane anymore. Mainly to steady out the walk on rough ground.
    Truth likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779..in Montour Falls NY
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer... Nokta Makro Simplex+ WHP...Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pac. Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA L
    7182 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I had Doc`s Swingy Thingy ,but it tied me to my machine to much and just got in the way...did make the detector lighter .
    Gary
    Truth likes this.
    I`v been detecting for 52 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE
    WE THE PEOPLE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links