Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t know what’s going on guys I detect practically every day and I’ve been doing it for a couple years now I think it all caught up to me. My arms, shoulders and elbows are constantly sore from these larger coil‘s and now even with the rattler coils I can go many hours like I used to. And also my hands go numb very often and they’re very sore all the time. Am I over doing it it old or both? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go buy a Deus. Weighs under 2 pounds. And they suck stuff out of the ground.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which machine do you use? I can't get everybody straight. The Deus is a lot lighter than the ATPro, Max or the Fisher you have listed. My arthritis also sucks and I don't mean stuff out of the ground. My backup machine is a Tesoro Cibola.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swear by the pro-swing for my CTX with the 17in coil. I can go 4-6 hours no problem. I tried the cheaper sling and didn't like it. Hanging in the garage, $19 wasted lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had a detector sling, I'd probably wind it around myself and fall down, probably in a hole or on a cow pie or some such thing.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swear by the pro-swing for my CTX with the 17in coil. I can go 4-6 hours no problem. I tried the cheaper sling and didn't like it. Hanging in the garage, $19 wasted lol

I bought the Limbsavor it had great reviews. We’ll see IMG_1547.JPG

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it works out. I can't tolerate the thought of any machine that weighs over 3 pounds.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After fourty years of swinging and carpentry my arms are falling off after a half hour . I have learned to switch arms and it helps .been looking at slings but want the best one...let us know how you like it . It scares me to think i won't be able to hunt anymore. I'll just get me a little monster....if i have to..

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After fourty years of swinging and carpentry my arms are falling off after a half hour . I have learned to switch arms and it helps .been looking at slings but want the best one...let us know how you like it . It scares me to think i won't be able to hunt anymore. I'll just get me a little monster....if i have to..

Don't worry Bill, we will hook up a mobility scooter or something if the time comes. Personally I think thats a long ways off, but we will keep you hunting one way or another.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I sure will 3cylbil and yes that thought is scary. If this doesn’t work I’m gonna have to sell my machines and get a Deus. They are super light. I’ll let you know. My arms are hurting all the damn time now.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If i was younger i`d still be swinging a Analog machine ...years ago i went for a lighter machine ...now the Deus...hope they all get lighter soon !
Gary

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machines aren't better than other machines, so to speak. Unless you need a specialty machine for a salt water beach or a nail pit, and then just dig and sift the nail pit. If you want to see something funny, watch me try to get up off the floor or ground. I need a 10 ton Morgan crane, like the use at reservoirs or dams to get me up. I must go light weight these days. I picked up a couple Minelabs when at a competition dig in VA last year and almost fainted at the weight. Some machines are heavy enough to drive fence posts into the ground however if you forget your sledge hammers.

Sad but true, I swing the machine with my left hand and use the long handled digging tool almost as a cane anymore. Mainly to steady out the walk on rough ground.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had Doc`s Swingy Thingy ,but it tied me to my machine to much and just got in the way...did make the detector lighter .
Gary

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Machines aren't better than other machines, so to speak. Unless you need a specialty machine for a salt water beach or a nail pit, and then just dig and sift the nail pit. If you want to see something funny, watch me try to get up off the floor or ground. I need a 10 ton Morgan crane, like the use at reservoirs or dams to get me up. I must go light weight these days. I picked up a couple Minelabs when at a competition dig in VA last year and almost fainted at the weight. Some machines are heavy enough to drive fence posts into the ground however if you forget your sledge hammers.

Sad but true, I swing the machine with my left hand and use the long handled digging tool almost as a cane anymore. Mainly to steady out the walk on rough ground.

Smoke it can’t swing with left at all.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had Doc`s Swingy Thingy ,but it tied me to my machine to much and just got in the way...did make the detector lighter .
Gary

I’m going try it out today. Waiting on delivery guy as we speak. Even my left arm hurts from have to carry that Predator shovel of mine. My hunts are getting short and painful.

Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the day i had a whites 6000d factory hip mount that would sniff dimes at a foot ....deep ,no problem. I found more with that machine than with any other ,why ? Because I could swing it from sunup to sundown I wish i could find one I would use it .....reverse discrimination ..where did it go..

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I use a sling on my heavy machine. Takes the weight off the arm and transfers it to my back. So I trade an arm ache for a back ache. The good news is that the back ache doesn’t kick in until that night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread