Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 1 Post By lockster99
  • 3 Post By ColonelDan
  • 3 Post By IDXMonster
  • 1 Post By BrettCo124
  • 1 Post By Tommybuckets

Thread: Trade Safari for CTX 3030?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Trade Safari for CTX 3030?

Hi all,

I am BY NO MEANS definitely doing this, but I always like coming to you all for professional advice.

I own the Safari. I absolutely love it. Iím not opposed to upgrading to the 3030...IF it truly is an upgrade. I know it has more bells and whistles, but those features (like plotting courses and stuff) are only a little bit of a plus to me personally.

Iím loving the fact that itís waterproof... thatís sort of a huge thing for me. I hunt the salt water beaches often, so it would be a nice upgrade. I own the Tesoro sand shark, but Iíd trade that in, plus the safari, and pay off the balance to get the CTX if itís a beast of a machine.

Reason for why I want to trade out of the sand shark: I want to stay in the minelab fam like I had mentioned in the past. So one way or another, Iíll be getting out of the sand shark.

To sum it up, I would love a machine that can scan the beaches, be just as powerful or more than the Safari, is a minelab unit, and is waterproof and can be used in the surf. But Iíd like just one machine to accomplish this. So the excal would be out. Is the ctx what I am looking for? A friend of mine is pretty certain the equinox, although will be a beautifully performing machine, will not match what the ctx can offer. So I donít think I want the equinox.

That was a lot of talk from me. Sorry! What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by BrettCo124; Nov 09, 2017 at 08:04 AM.

us
    Oct 2009
    5885 times
    yes, the ctx is a SERIOUS upgrade from the safari. I would suggest waiting a few months to see re-world results of the Equinox before you make up your mind about its abilities or faults.

us
    Dec 2013
    SE Texas
    Minelab Garrett
    514 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    i can only tell you that the CTX is a beast at the beach....
    BrettCo124 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; Excal II; XP Deus; AT Pro
    408 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I used to own a Safari and have owned a CTX for awhile now. I can tell you the CTX is in a class by itself and far above the Safari.
    ~ Preserving the Spirit of '76 ~

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    213 times
    Just to reinforce what the others have said Brett...while I have not owned the Safari,I do own an Explorer2 which is a really nice Minelab in its own right. But it's not in the same league as the CTX. Think of the Explorer as the AAA farm team,and the CTX just won the World Series(sorry Houston). Triple A ball players are REALLY good...the Safari is more like Double A ball maybe...whatever the hell they all are,YES...TRADE UP! Your bean will be BLOWN by what the CTX has to offer,and it offers it in a way that is seamless,just very easy to use. That's of course my personal opinion. The real "meat and pie" of the machine is its ability to ID targets that are deep or difficult in some way. I've pulled so many silver coins from my hunting places with the CTX it makes me furrow my brow at my other machines. Its like.."Really??"
    Last edited by IDXMonster; Nov 08, 2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    276 times
    You all are awesome. And REALLY making me want to trade up. Iím fairly certain you just convinced me to do so. I may be moving forward on Monday with the purchase.

I want to just say that, for anyone looking for a great machine, the Safari just has something about it. Iím telling you, itís just one insane machine that you donít hear too much about, but I promise itís an absolute monster. I wish everyone could have at least tried it once in their lives.

CTX - looking forward to your arrival, my friend.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC
    XP Deus Sovereign GT
    3641 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Best of luck with the new CTX!

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    516 times
    Sad to see a fellow Safari user put her down. Lemme know how the upgrade is. I don't think I can swing for the CTX. Just too dang expensive. I almost got one used on feebay for $1330 but got outbid for $10 last second. I love Safari but deep targets and coins in with iron are frustrating because you know there's probably something down there but can't tell which item is the good one. I either leave good stuff in the ground or go for some ghost digs depending on time. This is especially true with the big coil.
    Her song is way more informative than a single frequency machine once you learn it. My original got stolen and I replaced it with another safari. That hurt but if I had had the CTX stolen I m not sure I could have sucked it up and replaced it. I paid $600 for my first and $650 for my second so I am almost halfway to a CTX. I am holding a candle for the Equinox and it may be the first machine I ever buy brand new. I think you will love it.
    BrettCo124 likes this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    276 times
    Trust me, I️ DONT want to put the safari down. There is nothing wrong with it. Im just being stupid and wanting an upgrade. I️m hoping itís the Safari with added bonuses.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links